Introducing The Alumni Society App
The Alumni Society App allows you to digitally connect with your fellow Society members from coast to coast within the palm of your hand. The app helps you find members, network, and make lasting connections with one another. In addition, the app allows you direct access to our corporate partners as well as the ability to learn more and be part of upcoming events and programs.
- Use private messages to chat one-on-one with fellow members.
- Connect with members with similar interests or from your alma mater using the tag feature.
- Keep a list of your networking connections for easier follow up.
- Share news with fellow members through the activity stream.
- Read exclusive content from The Alumni Society.
- Apply to career postings from our corporate partners.
- Instantly access member LinkedIn profiles for easier connecting.
- Download and install the app on your iOS or Android device. [Apple Store | Google Play]
- Once downloaded, you will be prompted with “TAS Would Like to Send You Notifications.” Please select “Allow” to be alerted of important news.
- Create your profile by using the email address you received this communication from, along with your own password.
- Once you log in, an email will be sent to you for verification.
- After you verify your account, you can complete your profile and select the interest tags that apply to you. You may also connect your profile to your social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter).
- Then, you’ll have access to the application’s home page. Select the Member Hub and click on “Join” to gain access. If you’re registered for one of our events, be sure to “Join” when you select the respective event card(s).
The Alumni Society reflects a diverse and influential professional network of Latinx leaders across the United States. These community guidelines will foster and protect this community so our members can easily connect with one another.
Our intention is not to be overly directive, but to provide you with a practical set of standards that can ensure that every member has a favorable experience with this application. In this way, we can all preserve the integrity and value of The Alumni Society, our corporate partners, and most of all, our valued members. Overstepping these boundaries may result in deleted content, disabled accounts, or other restrictions.
Posts that express hatred based on race, gender, sexuality, religious beliefs, political affiliation, or ethnic background through words or images will not be tolerated and may cause you to be banned from the community permanently. In addition, please do not advocate for political parties, party platforms, or political leaders within the platform—nor should you insult or belittle political adversaries.
We want this community to be one of active engagement among our members to help one another achieve personal and professional goals. However, please use your best judgement when reaching out to fellow members with specific requests or solicitations, and please also refrain from repeatedly contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent.
We encourage you to use this platform to share newsworthy content, events, or known career opportunities with your fellow members. But please help us stay spam-free by not posting repetitive comments or content. Third-party advertisements/links or spamming will be removed to protect our community members.
Some of our favorite tips and FAQs, collected just for you.
The Member Directory is the full list of all members of The Alumni Society, including member LinkedIn profiles. It is located within the Member Hub page.
TIP: Bookmark other members to save their profiles to your personal list of favorites inside the app and be able to easily access the info later. To do so, simply click on the “star” next to a person’s name. You can also take notes on specific members. See below under the Events section to learn how to export your notes.
Your Profile section is the best way to update your information such as location, title, company and photo. You may also add your email and phone number.
We encourage members to use the Bio section to include a small bio or to tell fellow members a bit about yourself, and don’t forget to use Interest Tags to enhance your Profile.
TIP: Don’t forget to always tap the checkmark icon in the upper-right corner of the screen whenever you’re done updating your personal info in the section Edit Profile to ensure changes are saved.
Filtering capabilities are greatly enhanced once members download the app and add interest tags to their Profile. This enables users to filter by multiple fields (i.e., location and school or location and industry).
To filter, click on the Search icon to find the Filter tool on the top right-hand corner of the Member Directory. Click on the Filter icon and a list of Filters should pop up. This list is generated by interest tags from users’ Profile details.
You can filter by multiple fields by selecting all that apply including:
- General Interests: VC/Private Equity, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Boards, Non-profit, Artificial Intelligence, Innovation, Digital Disruption, Big Data, Blockchain, Volunteering/Mentoring, Diversity & Inclusion, Consulting, Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategy, Risk, Product Management, Philanthropy/Sustainability
- Schools: Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, MIT, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton, Stanford, UChicago, Yale
- Industry: Marketing/Advertising, Legal, Finance, Technology, Engineering, Operations, Sales/Business Development, CPG, Media/Entertainment, Manufacturing, Healthcare/Pharma, Telecommunications, Energy & Utilities, Transportation, Education, Government Relations/Affairs, Human Resources
Tags can be added to your Profile at any time. To update your tags, edit your Profile by clicking on your profile photo. Select Edit Profile, and scroll to the bottom to select relevant tags under Interests.
Have an idea for a tag you’d like us to add? Email us at email@example.com.
TIP: You can save participants’ profiles as VCards to your phone by clicking on “Add to Contacts” using ellipsis icon on the top-right hand side of the Profile screen.
To message a member, select attendee’s Profile, tap on Private Message. As a reminder, we ask that you follow our Community Guidelines when contacting members, which can be located in the About + FAQs menu.
Yes. You can disable Private Messages in your Settings.
Yes. You can disable Push Notifications from The Alumni Society app in your Settings.
Share photos, post messages, comment, and like other members’ posts. Maximize your message and cross-post to other social networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn). You’ll just need to tap on the icon(s) of the social network(s) that you’d like to share to when creating your post. You’ll be asked to log into to your social network account upon tapping on one of the icons.
TIP: You can @mention other attendees in your posts in the Activity Stream, and they will receive a notification about it.
If you are attending one of the events with a separate “event card” please be sure to “Join” that event listed within the home page to gain access to specific event details including the schedule, speakers, and to see who else is attending.
If you received the following error message “You are not allowed to join this event. Please contact the event administrator for more information” when attempting to join an event, it’s due to restricted access to those who are registered to attend.
If you are registered to attend that event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can add any event listed under the Upcoming Events to your personal calendar. To do so, simply click on the date listed within each event’s page and choose one of the calendar options.
Notes that you take can be exported. To export a note, simply access the section Favorites & Notes in the application’s menu. Tap the export icon in the upper-right hand corner of the screen. Select the notes you want to export, and choose one of the export options.
To jump from one app page to another—i.e., from the 2018 Leadership Summit event to the Member Hub—click on the menu drop down on the left-hand side. Select “Switch Event” on the top of the menu above your profile. This will take you back to the main page where you can select to go back into the Member Hub.
To launch the new Alumni Society app, we had to unpublish the 2017 Leadership Summit event app so we can bring you all the events under one app. However, if you still have the 2017 event app on your phone, you should still have access to all of its content and activity, excluding the attendee list.
You can easily reset your password and create a new one to access your profile by clicking on “Forgot your password?” on the home screen and following the simple steps.
No, that feature is not available.
We do not have a web version currently available. We will be sure to update you if that becomes an option.