Associate Brand Manager–Migraine Consumer Marketing
About the Position
The US Neuroscience team has set a goal and have the opportunity to truly “revolutionize” the treatment of migraine and pain. This is a massive ask that is/will require our team(s) to think bigger and broader (even beyond our own internal capabilities). In order to establish Lilly as the Migraine Platform leader and attain market leadership, we must:
- ACTIVATE appropriate target patients through innovative strategies and channels
- Win in Neurology FIRST and FAST
- Win on TWO Fronts (acute and preventative) and
- WIDEN the patient funnel – expand and create market awareness and need
The migraine team has embarked on disease state efforts through a short-term presence digitally with the “Millions with Migraine” campaign. Planning for success, we need to extend the life of this campaign. As such, a robust strategy will need to be developed to evolve the program for a longer-term roadmap to continue to garner learnings, enroll patients into the CRM and deliver value for the migraine portfolio. The Associate Brand Manager, Migraine DSE will:
- Lead the strategy to evolve the current pilot program to become a sustainable disease state education platform for the migraine portfolio
- Lead public relations efforts across disease state and branded efforts
The Consumer Strategy associate responsibilities are listed below. An associate may not perform all of the tasks listed and responsibilities may change as the product advances through development and launch.
Objective 1: Unbranded Strategy Development (50%)
- Customer Experience
- Provide input and help to create the direction for our consumer strategy to deliver exceptional customer experiences across migraine platform.
- Identify key consumer insights for brand in partnership with Lilly Marketing Research & consumer agency; active listening and participation in insight generation activities; understand HCP and payer insights and identify integration issues/opportunities
- Lead and/or participate in development of customer council required elements and materials.
- Message / Creative Development
- Leverage Consumer Core Message development work which will impact disease state activities, branded campaign development and support services offerings
- Develop content strategy for campaign including development of more robust DSE claims
- Evolve Millions with Migraine campaign for increased longevity, and delivering maximum benefit across migraine portfolio
- Consult with agency in channel planning; provide input into objectives & strategy; ensure consistent application of brand strategy and consumer insights
- Provide feedback to agency on proposed plans/recommendations; support Consumer Director in plan approval and securing internal approvals/support
- Tactic Assessment / Message Management
- Consult on all consumer tactic briefs (including measurement), estimate, and timeline
- Where applicable, integrate with HCP & Payer marketing in the implementation of consumer messages and tactics; appropriately communicate consumer tactical plans/details across brand/functions
- Develop measurement plan for tactics in area of responsibility and monitor performance of consumer tactics via performance metrics determined by brand and agency
Objective 2: Public Relations (30%)
- Disease State
- Develop a plan to surround DSE with earned media opportunities consistent with evolution of the Millions with Migraine campaign
- Determine strategy role for existing social presence
- Emgality Branded efforts
- Ensure integrated earned media strategy is integrated in the development of branded campaigns and tactics to ensure storytelling is woven into development.
Objective 3: Operations Support (20%)
- Project Implementation
- Manage tactical communication vehicles, track schedule and coordinate with other team associates.
- Track and manage detailed budget for responsible tactics (MMS, accrual process, etc.) and budget roll-up to brand budget owner.
- Partner Relationship Management
- Accountable for relationship with agency / external vendor partner, day-to-day relationship with business partners.
- Risk Management
- Responsible for understanding, implementing, and adhering to company policies, processes and external obligations, as applicable.
- Tactic Development and Implementation
- Approve all tactic briefs, estimates, and timelines and work to solve issues / roadblocks.
- Prepare, Create, Approve: Responsible for deliverables, provide input on deliverable / project plans and on deliverable creation, verify appropriate functions have been consulted, ensure deliverables align with brand strategy, and escalate issues as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, marketing or related field
- At least 3 to 5 years of packaged goods or consumer marketing experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Eli Lilly and Company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status) for this employment position.
- CRM experience
- Agency/vendor management experience
- Digital Marketing experience
- Public Relations experience
- Market research experience
- Ability to use internal and external analysis to identify key areas of near and long-term opportunity for the brand
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- MBA preferred
- Position requires approximately 10% domestic travel
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.