Associate, Global Investment Banking
New York, NY
About the Position
We believe Bank of America Merrill Lynch can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury and liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
Our Global Corporate & Investment Banking business focuses on building long-term relationships with more than 3,000 large U.S. and multinational corporations, financial institutions and financial sponsors. We provide strong advisory expertise, capitalizing on powerful mergers and acquisitions, corporate banking, treasury, debt and equity product expertise to deliver integrated financial solutions.
As an Associate, you will act as a key team member in our Investment Banking team. Key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining complex financial models
- Performing various financial analyses, including valuations and merger consequences
- Conducting comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Preparing presentation and other materials for clients
- Participating in due diligence sessions
- Communicating and interacting with deal team members, including those in international regions
- Managing several projects at once and working effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Play a key role supporting origination, opportunity evaluation and deal execution, working on abroad scope of assignments and products within an industry group
- Team members work closely with senior bankers in day-to-day client coverage and are expected to make an immediate contribution
- 1–3 years of experience in Investment Banking
- MBA degree with outstanding academic qualifications
- A track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills, attention to detail and client focus
- Strategic and creative thinking skills; distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Dedication to building a career in the investment banking industry
About Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of banking, investment management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 48 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 4,800 retail financial centers and approximately 15,900 ATMs and award-winning online banking with 31 million active users and approximately 17 million mobile users. Bank of America is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 3 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and more than 35 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
To apply, email Taylor Les, strategic account manager.