Health Outcomes Research Advisor–Diabetes
About the Position
The Lilly Global Patient Outcomes & Real World Evidence (GPORWE) team provides real world scientific expertise to deliver better patient outcomes that are valued by patients, payers and providers. Our team develops and ensures that appropriate health outcomes research strategies are in place to support Pricing, Reimbursement and Access activities for Lilly diabetes products, and we work together to effectively communicates health outcomes findings and concepts to our internal and external business partners and the broader scientific community. Projects focus on diabetes treatments that Lilly is developing and span the entire lifecycle of development and commercialization. Additional projects may focus on key healthcare policy issues that impact patient outcomes.
You will work within an amazing team culture and with teammates from incredibly diverse backgrounds and fields of expertise. In addition, you will focus on making life better for people with diabetes and optimizing patient outcomes while working on a truly innovative and expanding diabetes portfolio. Specific areas of focus are as follows:
- Environmental awareness:Influences the internal and external environment and environmental factors that shape and impact diabetes health outcomes
- Strategy: Formulate diabetes health outcomes strategies for multiple projects and geographies
- Research:Including but not limited to cutting edge RWE analyses, economic models, clinical trials, PRO instrument development, observational/epidemiologic research, and diabetes health technology outcome assessments
- Communication: Effectively communicate the impact of diabetes health outcomes information to business partners, the scientific community, and customers
- Leadership: Link technical expertise with business knowledge to drive, influence, and impact diabetes cross-functional initiatives
An advanced degree, including Ph.D., M.D., or PharmD/Master’s degree with relevant experience in an appropriate discipline (e.g., economics, epidemiology, health administration, health services, medicine, pharmacoeconomics, psychology, statistics, or other relevant sciences) with 5+ years of training and experience in designing and conducting research and disseminating the results in the areas of health economics, health outcomes, disease management, and/or population health.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team-oriented/cross-functional environment
- The ability to think and act globally with a customer focus and a solution orientation
- Knowledge and experience of health care systems in the U.S. and/or Asia
- Diabetes clinical and/or research experience
- Understanding of and experience with clinical settings and clinical research
- Technical and analytic capabilities in the areas of economic modeling, economic evaluation, cost-effectiveness evaluation, burden of disease, epidemiology, statistics, health care policy etc.
- The ability to influence individuals and teams
- Demonstrated project management skills.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.