Research Scientist–Patient Focused Outcomes
About the Position
As a scientist in Lilly’s Patient-Focused Outcomes Center of Expertise (PFO COE), you will provide scientific expertise and effective project oversight to ensure that patients’ perspectives are incorporated into drug development, including in evaluation of treatment benefit and when assessing benefits and risks of treatments.
In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally, as an expert, in Clinical Outcome Assessments (COAs), including Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs), Clinician Reported Outcomes (ClinROs), Observer Reported Outcomes (ObsROs) and Performance Outcome Assessments (PerfOs). Your skills will be used to develop effective COA strategies across therapeutic areas as well as design and execute measurement-related (including instrument development/adaptation/validation) studies as needed to support research across the portfolio and spanning the lifecycle of development. Your knowledge will be crucial to achieve the following:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including general health outcomes scientists, develop meaningful and creative patient-focused measurement strategies.
- Lead COA instrument development, adaptation, validation studies, including development of evidence packages, as needed
- Lead patient-preference studies, when appropriate.
- Actively participate the external COA environment via relevant working groups, congresses, etc.
- Doctorate degree with a concentration in an appropriate discipline, such as epidemiology, public health, economics, education, psychology, statistics, etc.; or
- Master’s degree and 5 years experience in an appropriate field
- Domestic and International travel may be required (0-10%)
- Demonstrated COA instrument development and validation experience
- Proven experience conducting patient preference studies
- Strong problem solving and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work successfully in a team/cross-functional environment and effectively influence individuals.
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of and experience with drug development
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.