Local Markets Credit Risk Executive–Middle Market & Business Banking
About the Position
Experienced and qualified credit professionals that are responsible for managing and approving credit activities for a large region or industry, multiple industries and/or large regional geographic area. In conjunction with CRO executes strategy and approves large complex transactions. Implements credit policies and approves commitments within overall guidelines and limits. Usually the front line credit risk person on more complex or sensitive credit transactions working directly with the relationship manager and/or credit product specialist to structure a deal. Coaches associates across functional lines. Requires direct contact with the client. Requires 15+ years of related experience, and often includes time spent in corporate or investment banking.
Bank of America is seeking a Local Markets Credit Risk Executive who will cover the Pacific Northwest region for Middle Market and Business Banking.
- Addressing all credit requests in a timely manner (which can at times be high-volume), and executing on management routines necessary to provide sound oversight of risk activities within assigned markets.
- Proactively managing the portfolio in accordance with the Risk Framework and Risk Appetite by identifying, escalating and resolving emerging risks and portfolio issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Leveraging the industry expertise and knowledge across the Risk platform and displaying leadership skills to ensure a strong Risk Culture exists among our business partners.
- Taking ownership by driving sound client selection and preventing reputational, operational and compliance risk.
- Interacting with various levels of management and developing strong working relationships with business partners to foster a productive environment for debating issues.
- Driving responsible growth by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of issues and trends impacting our clients and business partners and providing solutions to help remove obstacles and resolve issues.
- Candidates must be experienced and qualified credit or risk professionals
- Minimum of 15+ years experience in commercial lending within Financial Services including the underwriting and/or approval of credit exposures
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of credit policies and procedures
- Strong leadership skills necessary to implement change and resolve issues/conflicts in a balanced and professional manner
About Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of banking, investment management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 48 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 4,800 retail financial centers and approximately 15,900 ATMs and award-winning online banking with 31 million active users and approximately 17 million mobile users. Bank of America is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 3 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and more than 35 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
To apply, email Taylor Les, strategic account manager for The Alumni Society.