Market Executive Leadership Academy (MELA)
About the Position
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
This is a pipeline role for the Market Executive position. The person in this role must be in the Market Executive Leadership Academy (MELA) program or in the pipeline for MELA, and is responsible for successfully participating in and completing the development activities in the MELA program. The person in this role functions as a member of the market leadership team, responsible for a wide variety of delegated functions related to the Market Executive’s overall managerial responsibilities for parent and associate offices.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and dynamic leader. S/he will have a track record of leading and coaching others to grow a business organically and demonstrating a strong commitment to the client experience. S/he will be a passionate about hiring, managing, and developing a diverse team of leaders and advisors. Candidates will also be motivated to connect meaningfully with financial advisors and help them grow by leveraging the entire enterprise on behalf of clients. Courageous leadership skills, disciplined process management, and a true ability to take ownership within the market are critical.
The person in this role will support the Market Executive, who:
- Leads the market (typically consisting of a parent and associate offices) to achieve the business goals, leveraging the team consisting of an Administrative Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Resident Directors, Financial Advisors, Client Associates and Operations staff
- Drives market performance results through planning, leading, and executing strong sales and service behaviors across the 3 core client segments served (Affluent, Ultra High Net Worth, and Institutional)
- Manages the market financials, including profit and loss management, customer and revenue growth, and loss prevention
- Relishes the uniqueness of the market and builds and delivers a strategy for growth based on it
- Leverages enterprise relationships and proactively collaborate across the organization to deliver our full capabilities to clients
- Hires, manages, and develops a diverse management, sales and support team
- Proactively represent the Bank of America Merrill Lynch brand in the market to personally drive growth and increase diversity.
- Interacts with clients and prospects on an advanced level regarding sales activities, account information, procedures, systems and range of financial services products
- Anticipates, manages, and resolves risk items to protect the interests of the firm while enhancing the client experience
- Promotes and recognizes performance; adheres to the performance management process, policies and tools
- Builds a culture of excellence and engagement
- Acquires talent through hiring experienced Financial Advisors and trainees
- Candidates are required to currently hold Series 7 AND Series 66 (or Series 63 AND Series 65) licenses; Series 9 AND Series 10 licenses are strongly preferred, as well as S3 if applicable
- Experience running a large scale, high performing sales organization with strong understanding of Advisory business
- Sales leadership and Advisory business acumen
- Knowledge of the Wealth Management business, sales and marketing, regulatory and supervisory requirements, corporate policies and procedures; including firm-wide initiatives
- Ability to puts clients first, optimizing and aligning resources to meet clients’ individual goals and priorities
- Aligns and mobilizes resources across an organization in order to deliver sustainable results
- Demonstrates a bias for action and commitment to achieving sustainable results; builds business plans that drive financial results, compel the right behavior, and capitalize on the unique opportunities of a market business strategy, set clear objectives and measure progress
- Takes appropriate risks while ensuring that optimal value and outcomes are achieved
- Demonstrates sound judgment by acts decisively while using objectivity and facts
- Influences others, inspiring them to follow his/her lead
- Builds a diverse, inclusive, and high-performing team; attracts, develops, and retains top talent
- Coaches others to succeed and grow
- Communicates effectively
- Leads with courage and conviction
- Demonstrates personal resilience and an ability to lead through change
- Demonstrates a mature, poised, credible and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect
- Holds him/herself to the highest standards of professional conduct in both words and actions
About Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of banking, investment management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 48 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 4,800 retail financial centers and approximately 15,900 ATMs and award-winning online banking with 31 million active users and approximately 17 million mobile users. Bank of America is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 3 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and more than 35 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
To apply, email Taylor Les, strategic account manager.