Director of Content & Programming – Golden State Warriors
San Francisco, CA
About the Position
This role will report to the Executive Director. We believe in equal opportunity and envision you to thrive in this dynamic work environment with high expectations around client happiness. Do you strive to provide clients with an out-of-the box approach? If so, then we want you for the Director of Programming! This role is primarily responsible for the programming and development of all non-tenant events. You will have a real passion for building positive relationships with clients, promoters, artist’s agents, and managers.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity, and work towards results.
Here, we’re building a great company that is focused on four core values:
- Trust: We trust one another and always assume positive intent
- Empathy: We endeavor to understand the point of view of our colleagues as we work together to achieve organizational goals.
- Accountability: We build upon our strengths, own our failures, and earn from our wins and our losses.
- Modesty: Humility remains at our core as we strive for excellence both on and off the court.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, California.
- You will produce, negotiate, and book new business by searching the marketplace for creative and innovative ideas for public events for Chase Center Arena and the district.
- You will be empowered to develop dynamic business relationships with agents, promoters, and other talent purveyors through networking and seminars.
- Negotiate, compile, and create the event term sheet for venue agreement development.
- Create the event confirmation sheet and follow up with the box office for ticket sales and planning set forth by the promoters.
- Serve as the liaison to the marketing department once an event has been confirmed to ensuring proper marketing information is distributed.
- Collaborates with all departments of Chase Center Arena and informs of any changes to the programmed event(s).
- Assists in the coordination of the NBA and all other events in completion of the master calendar at Chase Center Arena.
- Conduct facility tours for prospective clients.
- Partner with team members for the preparation and design of brochures, pamphlets, advertisements, and other promotional materials for Chase Center Arena programming.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of the programming strategic plans.
- Monitors expenses in preparation of the final event settlement with finance and attend to the costs presentation to the promoter.
- Partner with internal departments that support the entertainment line-of-business; including; event services, finance, marketing, legal, and ticket operations.
- You will work closely with the Golden State Warriors /Chase Center Arena legal department in the development of the event license agreement.
- You may perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 – 7 years of hands-on experience is required, or equivalent experience accepted; strong preference for experience in the sports industry and/or entertainment industry.
- You will have bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university preferred.You are capable of completing written reports and correspondence.
- In this role, you will need to be flexible to travel for business meetings and industry conferences.
- You exhibit strong communication skill and the ability to speak effectively to large groups of customers or members of an organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word,Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and a working knowledge of payroll systems.
- Will observe to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Partnership and leadership skills are key ingredients to the success of this role
- You are able to work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays as necessary.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, email@example.com, and include NBA Director Content & Programming (Golden State Warriors) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.