Director of Guest Relations – Monumental Sports & Entertainment
About the Position
- Interview, select, train, evaluate, and counsel part-time and full-time staff.
- Develop and implement comprehensive customer service program for all Capital One Arena employees.
- Prepare yearly Event Staff and Guest Relations Budget.
- Monitor daily staff attendance and make the necessary changes in staffing.
- Prepare and posts a monthly duty schedule for all event employees by the 20th of the preceding month.
- Review and assist Security Director in annual update to the Building Emergency Evacuation plan.
- Review and update event employee handbooks yearly.
- Assist in leading the Monumental Memories customer service program as well as continued implementation of LiveSafe.
- Ensure the preparation of briefing sheet with relevant information for staff working each event.
- Respond to guest inquires from customers via phone, internet, text or as appropriate.
- Prepare duty assignments for Supervisors, Ticket Takers, Hosts, Hostesses and Security personnel for all events.
- Inspect building prior to opening to ensure the building is consistent or exceeds industry standards for cleanliness and safety.
- Monitor activities of Guest Service during events to ensure that all patrons receive the best possible assistance.
- Raise event problems and concerns appropriately.
- Work with independent third party on conducting Secret Shops.
- Serve as a rotating Manager on Duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Six years of event of related professional experience, within the guest relations/services field.
- Experience with labor unions preferred.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a dual role requiring both management of a staff, as well as that of numerous business relationships in a professional manner.
- Efficient communication skills, hard-working, and enthusiastic.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org, and include NBA Director Marketing & Brand Strategy (Clippers) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.