Director of Human Resources – Philadelphia 76ers
About the Position
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
- Assist the VP of HR in conducting a needs assessment; developing training curriculums, and conducting training sessions on HR topics
- Conduct benchmarking research to utilize best practices and compare our approaches in compensation, total rewards, and compliance
- Leverage salary surveys to build pay ranges for key roles
- Partner internally to understand business needs and provide value-added HR support
- Support the VP of HR in developing and maintaining HR metrics/analytics and approach initiatives with an ROI mindset
- Handles employee relations counseling/consults with VP of HR as appropriate, and/or as directed by VP of HR on personnel matters.
- Audits accuracy of HR data and performs routine analysis to monitor employee related activities
- Maintenance of day-to-day paperwork associated with employees, Payroll, and Benefits
- Ensures confidentiality of information and utmost discretion
- Other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Human Resources field
- Strong working knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, Title VII, ADA, ACA, Workers’ Comp, and other employment-related laws and regulations;
- Experience in investigating and resolving complex employee relations issues in a timely manner
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and critical-thinking skills
- Possesses above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with strong analytical ability
- Ability to be flexible, self-directed, and able to interact with employees at all levels
- Must demonstrate high degree of dependability/ ability to work full-time schedule
- Must demonstrate highest degree of integrity and confidentiality of information
- Assertive yet compassionate, progressive yet grounded in best practices
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: May be expected to work events that may take place on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, email@example.com, and include NBA Director Human Resources (76ers) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.