Director of Marketing & Brand Strategy – LA Clippers
Los Angeles, CA
About the Position
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute annual marketing plans in alignment with company goals.
- Establish and champion brand story across all campaigns and materials.
- Craft and lead marketing and brand campaigns, including: ticket on-sale launch, jersey launch and more.
- Lead paid media strategy, ensuring proper segmentation and channel placement.
- Handle agency relationships by guiding campaigns, creative, and media buys.
- Lead demand generation strategy to attract new consumers to the purchase funnel, with a framework encompassing lead generation, nurturing, conversion and retention.
- Interact cross-functionally to develop revenue opportunities supporting ticket sales, season ticket memberships, and retention programs.
- Review and optimize performance of all marketing activities to maximize conversions, revenue and return on investment; and to assess against goals and benchmarks.
- Own email marketing strategy, email marketing calendar and development of content.
- Provide hands-on tactical leadership to marketing team
- Establish project management process to better collaborate between departments.
- 7+ years of meaningful experience in marketing and brand management.
- Experience directing brand, digital marketing and demand generation programs
- Knowledge and interest in pop culture including sports, music, lifestyle, and film & television.
- Understanding of the ticket sales cycle and ticket demand
- Bachelor’s degree required
- High attention to detail with ability to handle projects from origin through execution
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial with hands-on approach towards business
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org, and include NBA Director Marketing & Brand Strategy (Clippers) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.