Senior Consultant, Business Strategy and Operations (WNBA)
New York, NY
About the Position
At a pivotal time in the WNBA’s history, the WNBA is looking for a Senior Consultant, Business Strategy and Operations to work closely with senior management to set the growth strategy for the league and develop goals and KPIs in line with the overall league priorities of revenue growth and demand creation. This position acts as the liaison and resource for all groups that partner with the WNBA product including Marketing, TMBO, Digital/Social, Global Partnerships, Public Relations, Strategy, Finance, Pubic Relations and Social Responsibility. The Senior Consultant, Business Strategy & Operations will serve in a crucial role as part of an agile team within the NBA organization, working diligently and flexibly to drive the success of one of the nation’s top professional sports leagues.
- Direct the long-term strategic planning process for growth initiatives across the league including:
- Driving data and financial analysis around assessing new revenue opportunities, potential investments, and operational tactics
- Developing presentation materials that include qualitative and quantitative analysis around bringing the overarching strategic plan to life
- Acting as the main point of contact for all consultant relationships and data requests
- Managing communication and meetings with senior leadership and team ownership
- Play a significant role in the annual business planning process, to include:
- Working closely with Finance to set three-year budget targets, allocating budgeted dollars across departments based on business needs and goals
- Monitoring and reporting against multiple functional P&Ls throughout the season
- Driving the investment analysis and planning process
- Develop all ad hoc business analysis for game-changing ideas, including financial and marketplace implications
- Lead all aspects of WNBA Draft, WNBA All-Star and WNBA Finals planning from budget to contract negotiation to on-site execution, partnering closely with the Events group to bring new and innovative ideas to bear.
- Act as the primary point of contact of the host team (all-star), advocating for their needs and helping to navigate the NBA organization Provide direct supervision to WNBA Business Insights Analyst(s)
- 8+ years of experience
- Experience with financial statements and data analytics
- Advanced project management capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and foster key business relationships
- Excellent time management, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and demanding environment
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, business focus preferred
- MBA Preferred
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, email@example.com, and include NBA Special Consultant Biz Strategy & Ops (WBNA) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.