Vice President of Event Services – Golden State Warriors
San Francisco, CA
About the Position
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you can join the best-in-class, state of the art organization and be a part of building something new for the Bay Area? Are you a skillful individual with experience leading and guiding all aspects of a growing organization? Then read more about this exciting opportunity.
As Vice President of Event Services, you will lead event management related operations at the Chase Center to include the supervision of Event managers and Director.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and work towards results.
- Direct and handle the management of events at the Chase Center.
- Primarily responsible for handling client tenant relationships, addressing issues, and actively resolving problems to provide a seamless promoter and artist experience.
- Work with the Executive Director and Finance Department to create individual event budgets.
- Work with Event Services Staff to ensure accurate event estimates, bids and event settlements.
- Serve as the primary liaison for event-related fire department interactions including pyrotechnics, floor configurations, emergency egress paths, and temporary event requirements
- Negotiate and handle external venue use (show catering, production equipment rental, décor, etc.)
- Lead and communicate event information to external partners including site retail and office building management, city and local community groups.
- Develop and maintain peer network amongst comparable arenas to advance upcoming shows and communicate to internal and external partners for planning purposes.
- Develop programs, policies, procedures, and collateral to provide the highest level of client service: create and administer event policies and procedures, promoter guide and tech package. Consistently maintain a working knowledge of these items to satisfactorily address internal and external queries received on technical or event related building capabilities, configurations and capacities.
- Participate in any collective bargaining agreement negotiations and play an instrumental role in Chase Center labor management for both union and non-union workforces.
- Provide effective guidance to Chase Center personnel in emergency response situations; Assist VP of Security with the updating and management of the facility Emergency Operating Plans and exercises. Responsible for assuring safety by maintaining and delivering current knowledge of safety and evacuation procedures to all Chase Center employees.
- Conduct routine industry operational reviews; recommend modifications to Chase Center event services programs, policies, and procedures as deemed appropriate.
- Supervise the purchasing and ordering of related goods and services.
- On-call 24/7 as needed and based on Chase Center events and other activities with the flexibility to work nights, weekend and holidays.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- You possess an extensive understanding of operational characteristics, services, and activities of live entertainment; control techniques; principles of budget preparation and control.
- You have experience in crisis management, customer service technology, life safety, risk management, payroll, and scheduling are required.
- You have general understanding of other areas of live entertainment venue management, including security, retail operations, building operations, production, building engineering, parking, and food & beverage operations is desired.
- You have experience working with internal partners such as human resources, communications, legal and finance Departments (Desired)
- You can demonstrate success in handling multiple tasks while under tight deadlines and financial constraints.
- You have excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, respectful and mature manner with internal and external clients and peers at all levels within an organization and throughout the community.
- Committed to providing extraordinary service and dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- You are well organized and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- You are knowledgeable and have a passion for professional basketball and live entertainment.
- You are highly responsive to emergencies in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to lead, give clear, concise direction and provide constructive criticism.
- You thrive under pressure while meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- You provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- You are detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate confidence and decision-making abilities.
- You thrive in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of building high-performance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Business Administration or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in the field of Event Management preferably in a multipurpose arena or similar environment with 5 years of progressive supervisory management experience in event management with direct responsibility supervising and directing staffs in event management.
- Experience with AutoCAD for event layouts.
- Computer experience with Microsoft office, and other standard applications.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org, and include NBA VP Event Services (Golden State Warriors) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.