Sao Paulo, Brazil
About the Position
PayPal is seeking a junior/mid-level and energetic attorney to join our Brazil Legal team. This attorney will work closely and partner with the business teams in Brazil (including Sales, Marketing, PR, Finance, Treasury, Compliance) and will:
- Review, draft and negotiate all types of agreements (e.g., sales, services, non-disclosure, licensing and financial agreements) and contract templates;
- Review legal aspects of new products and marketing campaigns;
- Liaise with outside counsels on litigation issues; and
- Draft/review responses to government inquiries/investigations concerning on-going business practices and/or investigations of third parties.
The Legal Counsel will have a direct reporting line to the Legal Director responsible for Paypal Legal in Latin America.
The successful candidate will have the specific qualifications and experience:
- Law degree, qualified to practice law in Brazil
- 1-6 years of experience practicing either in-house or at a reputable law firm
- Ability to speak and write English – communication fluently and idiomatically, ability to draft contracts in English
- Prior knowledge of payments-related law and regulation would be desirable, but not essential.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply, email Beck Trejo, talent attraction specialist at PayPal.