About the Position
The PayPal Commercial, Credit and Global Operations Legal Team has an opening for a paralegal to support the brand and consumer marketing group teams. Review and revise marketing collateral and consumer and merchant marketing campaigns throughout the full campaign lifecycle. Perform legal research related to marketing, advertising, consumer protection and other matters affecting marketing and advertising. Utilize various technological systems necessary to track the review and approval of marketing collateral.
- 5 years of relevant paralegal experience.
- Self-starter that works independently, loves technology, and is able to work with a distributed team of worldwide legal and business partners.
- Sound professional judgment in applying company policies and procedures.
- Ability to answers questions relative to functional area that may require additional research and follow-up.
- Works with minimal supervision for patent-related assignments.
- Very good organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task to perform role smoothly without missing deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and ability to identify and suggest improvements in process and tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective and experienced team player.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Fluency in computer programs including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- College degree, preferred.
- Law firm and corporate legal experience preferred.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.