Director, FP&A: Marketing Planning & Analysis
About the Position
The Director, FP&A – Marketing Planning & Analysis is responsible for providing financial support to all members of the Marketing team. Specifically, the position manages budgeting, forecasting and course-correction recommendations to ensure that financial targets are achieved. Works with the respective departmental/ functional SVPs / VPs in development of key metrics and KPIs. Deep understanding of Marketing analytics to measure performance and impact of various media investments.
Key to success is the ability to incorporate a cross functional, highly energetic “can do” attitude that helps ensure constant alignment with all parties supported.
Going a little deeper, we’re inviting you to:
- Support the quarterly and annual financial investment rhythms for Marketing including the allocation recommendations across programs and channels that align to LOB, Channel and Enterprise objectives.
- Develop analysis to ensure that the program/s are driving ROMI and to deliver insights that will optimize the planning process thru strong collaboration with Marketing.
- Deliver insights that will improve the investment models for marketing (such as MMM, MTA, CPGA).
- Establish and implement a budget prioritization process, based on enterprise goals, marketing goals, and a variety of marketing supported activities and initiatives to ensure business goals are successfully achieved.
- Support the marketing organization as they establish and launch a standardized agency evaluation and management function designed to streamline efforts, reduce duplications and leverage economies of scale
- Create synergies and build effective working teams across many areas of the company; primary groups will include LOB, Commercial, Analytics, and Digital Channel.
- Create, implement, and manage learning plans designed to increase knowledge of marketing financial and decision analytics strategies across the team.
- Build, lead, motivate, and coach a high-performing team and help stretch the performance of other leaders.
- Support dashboard that tracks against operational and financial objectives for TMO’s quarterly game plan (TMO’s measurement tool)
- Experience and knowledge with US GAAP and IFRS, including the differences as relevant for planning activities & modelling.
- Broad experience across all areas of marketing with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in demand generation planning and brand management.
- Expertise in financial planning and analysis – forecasting, budgeting, mid/long term planning.
- Strong understanding and background in marketing investment strategy & planning practices within a large, complex organization preferably with multiple lines of business.
- Proven track record in aligning an organization’s activities with corporate strategic objectives and brand.
- Problem-solver and critical thinker with an ability to identify key issues, challenges and opportunities in a complex landscape.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Enough about what you’ve done. Let’s talk about who you are:
- Prior experience supporting a marketing function in a complex organization
- 8+ years of increasing responsibility in financial management in a large, diverse organization, with heavy interactions with Senior Leaders.
- MBA & CPA / CMA / CFA is helpful, but not required.
- University degree in finance, accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Encourages cooperation and teamwork across organizations and functions.
- Excellent communication and people skills at all levels of an organization and with external partners.
- Engages others to identify mutual goals, develop solutions, make decisions, and achieve outcomes.
- Persuades others, including senior stakeholders, to pursue important courses of action, which they may not have been initially inclined to accept, by using both data and soft skills.
- Strengthens sense of inclusion in a diverse workforce with varied styles, and ways of thinking.
- Aligns resources, overcomes resistance, and engages/motivates others to implement and sustain change efforts.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, email@example.com, and include T-Mobile Director, Diversity & Inclusion Engagement in the subject line.
ABOUT T-MOBILE US INC.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. Our advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 72.6 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit t-mobile.com.
T-Mobile US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace differences, welcome diversity, and value a culture of respect.