The Alumni Society Terms & Conditions
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, when you subscribe to a publication, register for or attend our events, enter a contest, or complete a survey, you may provide information about you and your business, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, employer, and educational background.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you use our Site, we automatically collect the following information about you:
- Log Information: We collect log file information when you use the Site, which includes the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including, to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, updates and security alerts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With other companies we think can offer you services and products of interest to you. If you would like to opt out of this sharing, please contact us via the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
- If you register for or attend one of our events, we may share information about you with the event sponsors and other event attendees.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we are required by, or believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process request;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of Guerrero Howe or others;
- Between and among Guerrero Howe and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies; and
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We take reasonable security measures to protect the information about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. However, please note that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of the information we collect about you or the security of our servers or databases.
If you have registered for an account via our Site, you may update or correct your account information by logging into your online account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can usually change your browser settings to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions provided in those communications. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it permits California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. We qualify for this alternative option. To opt out of having your information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us via the information provided below.
Guerrero Howe, LLC
825 W. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60642