Financial Metadata Manager
About the Position
Finance is seeking a dynamic experienced data leader to drive the continued development and delivery of our metadata capability. This is a strategic role which works in conjunction with the rest of the Data Management team to deliver the critical data services for Finance in line with enterprise and regulatory standards while driving value in the business in its data journey.
- Development and delivery of the Finance metadata operating model
- Responsible for ensuring that all of Finance’s metadata (lineage, catalogs, dictionaries) are maintained with a structured documented timely process
- Responsible for defining and delivering with enterprise and business stakeholders the expansion of Finance’s metadata capabilities and repositories in response to internal and external demands
- Partnering with other data service leads to develop and deliver opportunities to leverage Finance’s metadata footprint to improve other dependent services (e.g. DQ/Issue Management)
- Partnering with data technology team to drive the continued development and adoption of the enterprise metadata tool environment
- Development of an offshore team to provide the BAU services required to deliver, maintain and develop the metadata capability
- Development, delivery and maintenance of metrics and analytics of Finance’s data landscape from its metadata to support transaction of its data architecture
- Communicate and represent the metadata function to internal and external stakeholders (Snr Finance and Enterprise Data)
Ideal candidate will have experience with at least two of these capabilities:
- The candidate must have a keen interest in financial markets, risk management and should have the following attributes:
- Analyzing and documenting data lineage in reporting /data platforms
- Documenting reporting or data warehouse data dictionaries
- Creation of data sourcing/mapping documentation to support data transformation programs
- Business solution design of a reporting platform or data warehouse from a logical data model point of view
- Experience with metadata management platforms
- Have 8+ years working in data management or change services
- Preferably have experience delivering change and data services in a Finance or Banking environment
- Be inquisitive and driven with strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority.
- Be able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work.
- Demonstrate strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have the ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Bank of America Finance Metadata Manager in the subject line.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.