About the Position
The Consultant- Learning Strategist, MHS provides strategic direction for L&D related projects and capabilities within the Lilly Managed Health Services (MHS) organization and manages the curricula across MHS. Specifically, this role is responsible for partnering with the business to identify learning and development needs, develop and implement learning programs, evaluate learning effectiveness and provide performance consulting to the business. This role ensures the appropriate training is identified, developed, implemented and maintained to ensure the MHS organization is qualified to perform and develop in their roles effectively.
Cross-functional collaboration and consulting with key business partners, Lilly vendors, and reviewers is required to ensure alignment between the learning strategy and implementation needs of the learning portfolio.
- Lead needs assessments to determine training needs across all roles within MHS
- Coach and support trainers on facilitation, design, development and implementation of launch and non-launch training that leverages adult learning, sound instructional design and most effective learning technologies
- Create and maintain a communication strategy to monitor and summarize progress for all programs with key stakeholders.
- Influence learning organization through knowledge gained from relationships with internal and external customers and partners.
- Partner with business to monitor and prioritize ongoing performance gaps and recommend appropriate solutions
- Appropriately challenge business leadership regarding ways to use performance-based learning as a strategic lever for their organization.
- Utilize expertise to influence governance and leadership to adopt varying viewpoints when necessary to make the most appropriate learning decisions.
- Partner with other learning consultants across US Sales to ensure we are capitalizing on best practices and shared learning
- Design qualification approach based on business requirements.
- Lead a portfolio of learning projects to ensure the on-time, on-budget creation of deliverables that meet quality standards, follow instructional design principles, and meet the needs of the business and learner.
- Create project charters, clear and robust SOW documents, leading to actionable work orders for learning projects.
- Manage vendors and project teams.
- Develop training internally or collaborate with business to evaluate and select appropriate supplier or vendors
- Establish and oversee program budget.
- Monitor and consistently communicate project / portfolio status to key business partners.
- Anticipate and resolve project/program issues; escalating as appropriate.
- Create, review, and oversee execution of implementation and communication plans.
- Manage revision management process for MHS portfolio to ensure all courses remain updated.
- Ensure that appropriate reviews and approvals are gained for content prior to distribution.
- Stay abreast of and know the breadth of learning solutions and Lilly learning platforms to guide business partners to the most effective learning methods, solutions and outcomes.
Training Process/Systems Support
- Partner with the training operations team to ensure effective use of learning management system for assigning and tracking of training for MHS
- Monitor and improve training process and procedures and ensure ongoing alignment to quality system requirements
- Assist with audits
- Support projects related to training process and systems that could span across business units
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of successful experience in a learning organization
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Previous experience with or knowledge of drug development processes in specific therapeutic areas
- Higher degrees or certifications (e.g. MS., MBA, Masters in Project Management or PMP).
- Experience with application of critical chain project management principles.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Consultant-Learning Strategist-MHS in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.