Director, GR China
About the Position
The Government Relations role requires a skillful, pragmatic, flexible and a locally sensitive approach, and is of critical importance to the future success of PayPal in China.
- Overall responsibility for shaping the policy environment, government and stakeholder outreach and managing PayPal’s relationship with regulatory agencies in China.
- Plan and implement a strategic GR plan to create a favorable policy environment for PayPal’s critically important cross border transaction business in China.
- Lead on engagements to secure and maintain approvals where required for us to conduct our business in China.
- Maintain and expand the depth and breadth of PayPal’s external stakeholders, from national and local governments, industry associations (e.g. PCAC), academia to merchants, building strong and lasting relationships
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationship with key central Chinese government regulators for payments and financial services, most importantly PBOC, along with others such as CBRC, MOFCOM and NDRC
- Develop and manage internal stakeholders in the business and related functions such as Legal, Compliance, Corporate Communications and Risk to ensure understanding and support for the GR program
- Engage with, advise and assist PayPal Strategy and Corporate Development with M&A activities in China.
- Position PayPal externally across China through strategic reputation-building programs, seminars, training programs and communication with various governmental agencies and other stakeholders.
- Proactively anticipate, identify and manage risks which could affect PayPal’s image, reputation and market position in China
- Engage and collaborate with the relevant internal business divisions.
- Support crisis management matters with management and as appropriate with government officials, lawmakers, and industry association groups.
- Ensure PayPal is always compliant with necessary regulations in China by close cooperation with all PayPal Inc.’s relevant teams.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include PayPal Director GR Shanghai in the subject line.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.