Enterprise Agile COE Lead, Senior Director
About the Position
We are looking to hire an Enterprise Agile COE Lead, Sr. Director to support the Modern Delivery Transformation Office at Freddie Mac. This role will be accountable for leading all agile coaching in the Enterprise. The agile coach encourages, empowers and coaches everyone on the MVP team. As an agile coach, s/he will coach all team members formally and informally (with a keen focus on the organization’s Scrum Masters), striving to unlock the potential in everyone. The agile coach will be a defender of agile methodologies and evangelize core agile principles in the organization.
- Build and coach multiple high performing agile development teams
- Agile coaching – Teach, mentor and improve agile practices across the organization.
- Health monitor of the collective team – checking that our commitments, pace and quality are on track
- Coach entire work streams on a variety of digital topics including product management, design thinking, engineering culture, and DevOps.
- Be hands-on, engage with teams at a tactical and strategic level. Actively problem solve, create content, and facilitate trainings as required to best serve our customers.
- Look for ways to strengthen team’s understanding of Agile, e.g., Scrum concepts and principles
- Coach and train senior leadership on agile concepts and principles
- Empower leadership teams in building, growing and sustaining a thriving agile team
- Identify trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the team
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Perform initial state analysis and identifying agile KPI’s to design an agile journey that will suit Freddie Mac
- Minimum 12-15 years of related work experience playing an active leadership role in scaled agile transformations
- Demonstrated experience coaching organizations on agile best practices, expert in all topics involving agile and experienced working at the leadership (portfolio) level
- Significant experience acting as a Scrum Master or agile coach in a fast-moving tech environment
- Deep knowledge of agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
- Experience with large scale software delivery and/or agile transformation at scale in large enterprise organizations
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong people management experience
Key to success in this role
- Passionate problem solver who succeeds in ambiguous situations
- Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team’s potential
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Strong technical and non-technical influencing abilities
- Passionate about understanding people / teams in various stages of Agile environment
- Tirelessly advocates for the best possible solution
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team
- Passionate and interested in driving digital disruption both from a customer and organizational perspective
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through your own and team’s actions
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Active in the Agile community, publish papers, speak at conferences and contribute to Agile interest groups
- Be knowledgeable about technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration, DevOps, etc.)
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact effectively with all levels
- Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment, and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Can determine critical path in a collaborative manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Excellent proven planning and dealing with ambiguity skills; Can execute given outcomes and objectives versus being tasked
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks, changing priorities and circumstances
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Freddie Mac Enterprise Agile COE Lead, Senior Director in the subject line.
About the Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.