Financial Controller Director
About the Position
Freddie Mac’s Finance division is currently seeking a Financial Controller Director to be part of the Investments and Capital Markets CFO department. The Investments and Capital Markets CFO department is responsible for financial accounting and reporting, hedge accounting, portfolio risk and profitability analysis, pricing and valuation activities, and financial planning & analysis for Freddie Mac’s Capital Markets segment. The candidate will be responsible for managing a team of analysts to develop insightful analysis and reporting on the financial results of the Capital Markets segment.
Your work falls into two primary categories:
Analysis & Reporting Management
- Managing the preparation of analysis and reporting on GAAP and Segment results related to the Capital Markets Segment
- Managing the control and risk reporting, including SOX controls
- Managing the new business initiative process for the Capital Markets CFO department.
- Managing the review of external disclosures, including Press Release, 10-Q, and 10-K.
- Managing Segment Governance for the Capital Markets
- Acting as the department’s liaison and managing the relationships with various Directors and VPs throughout the Finance organization as it relates to financial analysis and new initiatives.
- Creating presentations related to financial results for discussion with Board of Directors, senior management and regulators.
- Interacting with the Investments and Capital Markets division leadership team on external disclosures and financial results.
- Managing and developing project timelines, policies and procedures, controls and other ad hoc requests
- Reviewing work prepared by managers and staff
- Developing managers and staff
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in capital markets, financial services, and/or financial analysis
- Secondary mortgage markets and derivatives experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint and the aptitude to learn other software
Key to success in this role
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Strong consultation and communication skill
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends
- Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy and/or goals
- MBA or related advanced degree
- CFA, CPA or related certifications
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Freddie Mac Financial Controller Director in the subject line.
About the Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.