CIMD–Marcus by Goldman Sachs–Fraud Operations–Vice President
Dallas, TX; Draper, TX
About the Position
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
We are seeking an experienced Fraud Operations Executive to lead our consumer products and services, reporting into the Head of Consumer Fraud Prevention. This leader will:
- Design, deliver, and manage our fraud operations within the Consumer Operations team
- Directly manage day to day fraud operations management of all aspects of fraud prevention, detection, recovery, investigation and servicing
- Act as subject matter expert for best in class online/digital fraud vendor solutions and solutions implementation
- Manage relationship with Financial Crime Compliance
- Maintain cross product operations standards and consistency including: loans, deposits, credit cards and others
- Mitigate application fraud, account take over, customer scams and mule activity while balancing any customer friction
- Hold expertise in all applicable fraud related compliance regulations and applicable laws
- Collaborate with technology and process engineering teams to design best in class customer experiences while mitigating fraud risks
- Hold expertise in and passion for the prevention of both identity and transaction fraud as well as a passion for use of innovative technology-driven solutions to provide world class customer experiences within the established risk thresholds of the business
- Relevant industry expertise in a portfolio of large scale accounts, specifically in the consumer finance, fraud operations space
- 10+ years of experience with direct management of internal and external (supplier) fraud operations
- Advanced knowledge of how to manage fraud investigation workflow including onboarding and loss mitigation
- Well versed in all loss types and can readily identify the characteristics of each when present on an account including identity theft, account take over, scams, and disputes
- Ability to strengthen the development and execution of loss prevention and recovery strategies
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of servicing and operations including applicable regulatory requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain a culture of risk management and compliance while delivering a world class customer experience in fraud operations
- Experience in a startup environment, with the ability to be adaptable, agile and work at pace will be highly beneficial as we grow and develop our consumer business
- Experience in working with Risk Management, Compliance and Audit partners and interacting directly with regulators
- Experience in delivery of digital self-servicing tools that prevent excessive contact center calls and proactively resolve customer servicing issues
- Familiarity in authentication solutions and strategies such as multi-factor, device recognition, step up authentication deployment strategies across online, phone and mobile channels a plus
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Goldman Sachs CIMD–Marcus by Goldman Sachs–Fraud Operations–Vice President in the subject line.
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.