About the Position
For more than a century, Eli Lilly and Company has united caring with discovery to make life better. At Eli Lilly and Company, we continuously focus on new and innovative ways to fulfill our extraordinary purpose of making medicines that help people live longer, healthier, more active lives.
- Are you looking to join a dynamic company striving to improve the lives of people across the world?
- Do you have the passion, curiosity, creativity to dream and the persistence to get results?
- Do you have the scientific and technical expertise to influence and apply model-based drug discovery and development?
- Can you communicate effectively with confidence?
If you answered yes then we are looking for you. Eli Lilly and Company is looking for creative, motivated and enthusiastic scientists to join Global Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacometrics Department.
The scientists in the department of PK/PD & Pharmacometrics are the functional leaders in research and development throughout the value chain from preclinical lead molecule identification to clinical post-drug approval with the goal of identifying and developing the right drug with the right dose for the right patient and living the model-informed paradigm of drug research and development. Our organization is looking for a dynamic scientist who is able to:
- Develop and implement Pharmacometrics strategies to address key questions and influence portfolio decisions for all phases of the drug development, including, but not limited to the development and application of drug-disease models, literature models, quantitative risk/benefit decision tools, quantitative systems pharmacology models and trial-design optimization analytics.
- Expect and understand the issues affecting the drug discovery/development and help derive effective solutions. Support decision-making through partnership and collaboration with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Provide scientific leadership in multi-disciplinary project teams to support the selection of the right target, molecule, dose, patient population and development strategies.
- Lead and support the preparation and delivery of overall program plan, individual study protocols, analysis plans, data interpretation and study reports.
- Lead and assist in the preparation of relevant sections of INDs, IBs, CTDs and other regulatory documents for development and registration of new drugs and line extensions; interact with FDA, EMA, PMDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to fellow scientists within the group and in other disciplines as well as interact, teach and collaborate with academia.
- Represent the group to increase visibility externally, through key publications, active leadership in key scientific organizations, industry trade groups or consortia.
In summary, in this exciting scientific and technical role, you will have opportunities to contribute to efficient and effective translational sciences, model-informed drug discovery and development strategy and plan, trial designs, data interpretations, and be part of the team to develop innovative medicine that will improve life for our patients.
- PhD and/or MD in relevant scientific field such as biological/pharmaceutical sciences, Bioengineering or related discipline
- Excellent understanding of clinical pharmacology (PK, PD and pharmacometrics) principles.
- While experience from industry, regulatory, consulting or academia with exposure to industry is preferred, we are also looking for enthusiastic new graduates.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Lilly Research Scientist–Pharmacometrics in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.