Director of Strategic Sourcing – BSE Global
About the Position
We are seeking a Director, Strategic Sourcing for our Brooklyn, NY office. You will be responsible for negotiating with all vendors and suppliers across the BSE Global network to improve received benefits of supplier relationships.
- Align with business objectives and develop organization-wide procurement and sourcing strategies to ensure the organization achieves visible results and improves upon financial value;
- Develop and execute against a set of annual goals and metrics in category plans, including cost reduction targets;
- Select and develop key supplier relationships through contract negotiation, implementation and management of supplier performance;
- Provide in-depth analysis around spend, supplier assessment, financials and market data to improve the supply chain and help leverage the supplier base and reduce costs;
- Partners with Legal and departmental Directors on contractual negotiations by developing and implementing purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures;
- Work with the Finance and Sponsorship Sales teams to evaluate new client deals;
- Apply industry expertise and standards in the design and implementation of vendor management policies, procedures, and practices;
- Track key sourcing and procurement market intelligence for assigned commodities/spend categories;
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers;
- Control purchasing department budgets;
- Represent the organization in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers;
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to resolve product availability and terms of sales;
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received;
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials;
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability;
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids;
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy;
- Administer online purchasing systems;
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs;
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval
- Phenomenal conflict management and negotiation skills; handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others;
- Strategic thinker who can establish long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them;
- Strong organization, planning, and prioritization skills; developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish goals while keeping in mind the demands and needs of the various internal company partners;
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships; developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with vendors, clients, suppliers and internal departments and maintaining them over time;
- Use individual discernment and knowledge to settle whether events or processes stay in sync with laws, regulations, or standards;
- Ability to analyze data to craft strategic decisions;
- Flexible and reliable standout colleague, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole;
- Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Bachelor’s degree, in a related field (preferably in supply chain management, logistics or business administration);
- 8-10 years of experience in a related role;
- Advanced Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software skills;
- Procurement software experience required
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
Works primarily in an office environment but is expected to attend games and other events on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org, and include NBA Director Strategic Sourcing (BSE Global) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.