Senior Financial Analyst
About the Position
The Sr. Financial Analyst supports financial analysis, planning, forecasting, and reporting needs, as well as monitoring financial operations for groups supported by the Finance Business Partner (FBP). The incumbent will independently work on modeling for financial planning, develop analysis to support insights and assess business opportunities, and respond to ad-hoc questions from the supported groups. A key part of the role includes the tracking of progress to operating plans through reporting, identification, and analysis of key variances. The incumbent will improve and ensure consistency of accounting controls and processes. The Sr. Financial Analyst will lead the creation of new deliverables including key performance indicator dashboards and other financial metric reporting as needed.
Financial Planning & Forecasting
- Leads financial analysis and modeling requiring technical and financial expertise and business knowledge
- Partners with the Finance Business Partner, Lead Finance Managers, and business to gather requirements to perform analysis
- Prepares financial models and projections to support business decision making
- Facilitates and executes the completion of financial presentations for management
- Proactively drives the collection of financial and operational information from multiple sources, anticipates needs, and integrates financial schedules and charts, analyzes results, and presents to management
- Serves as a subject matter expert supporting the design and execution of budgeting and forecasting activities
- Works collaboratively with other financial analysts
- Effectively works on multiple deliverables in a dynamic environment
- Communicates effectively through verbal and written communication with FP&A partners and cross-functional teams
- Participates in the design & tracking of key performance indicators, creating budget vs. actual flux analyses, financial statement analysis, identifying trends/business drivers, and internal benchmarking
- Provides analytical support for budgeting/forecasting and long-term planning processes, identifying risks and opportunities and ensuring alignment with strategy
- Tracks operating plans through reporting and identification of key variances; recommends actions for the business units to respond to trends in financials and operating metrics.
- Analyzes profitability for specific business initiatives.
- Partners with Finance Business Partner and Managers to evaluate current reporting and provide more in-depth analytics on existing and new reports
- Works proficiently Excel, PowerPoint, and other software to create complex charts and graphs
- Works with large data sets to derive insights for the business
Leverages Business Intelligence
- Uses effective data visualization tools and techniques to deliver results for business objectives
- Independently develops high quality and professional dashboards with limited guidance
- Consults with the Finance Business Partner and the business to identify new reporting options and to share best practices
- Serves as a subject matter expert on Business Intelligence tools and technology, dashboard design and development techniques, and query development expertise
- Ensures quality and data integrity in all project deliverables
- Evaluates existing and new metrics for business insights
Leads Continuous Improvement Projects
- Identifies opportunities for enhancements and proactively implements process improvements
- Leads financial projects, identifies key business and financial risks, and supports setting financial priorities within the scope of responsibilities
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes.
- College degree and 2 years of related work experience
- Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience
- College degree and five or more years of experience in accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Ability to identify an opportunity or problem and develop a creative solution
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to effectively manage change
- Effective development and coaching skills
- Motivates others and works effectively in a team environment
- Drives for results pursuing business goals
- Advanced skill in spreadsheet applications and financial systems
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Advanced understanding of specific product or service
- Advanced analytical skills with application to effective problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Advanced degree (MBA) or license preferred (CPA or CMA) or pursuing one with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Outstanding financial, technical, and quantitative analytical skills.
- Experience with Oracle/Hyperion financial applications
- Proven track record of developing and implementing value-added financial processes
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing complex financial data into meaningful executive summary statements.
- Superior individual execution skills, critical thinking abilities and team orientation.
- Ability to influence in a team environment.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Senior Financial Analyst in the subject line.
About T. Rowe Price
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.