Associate Brand Manager–Closed Loop Global Marketing
About the Position
The Diabetes landscape is rapidly evolving, offering different approaches to engage our customers, helping them be successful with our medicines. We need to move beyond the delivery of medicine and find ways to integrate technology and health, in ways that can personalize diabetes treatment approaches in a more insightful manner.
The Lilly Diabetes’ Connected Care portfolio aims to resolve many of the existing barriers, which lead to suboptimal care in diabetes through providing personal insights, recommendations, and behavioral modification through the use of technology. The portfolio contains several product innovations in the hardware, software, and data analytics fields creating a need to understand deeply the desired customer experience for the entire ecosystem as well as the individual parts.
Within this role the Associate Brand Manager has the opportunity to significantly impact the lives of people with diabetes treated with insulin through the launch of Lilly’s automated insulin delivery system. This system of interconnected devices operates as a closed-loop system that utilizes the continuous sensor data from a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) sensor in an algorithm to automate basal insulin delivery in an insulin pump.
This is a very innovative product system and a bold asset for Lilly and this is a very exciting and unique marketing opportunity. The Associate Brand Manager role will be responsible for key workstreams that will significantly impact the launch of Lilly Closed Loop System, through Primarily Creating the Communication Platform for launch and creating the desired
Customer Experience and taking a key role within Brand Planning.
Given the uniqueness of the product offering to Lilly, the Associate Brand Manager must be comfortable operating with significant ambiguity, and have the ability to not only think strategically but also take a strategy and translate it into meaningful execution priorities.
The position requires extensive cross-functional collaboration (medical, regulatory, market research, clinical, design, human factors, development, IT, etc.), and the ability to lead and influence without direct authority.
Key Responsibilities – Closed Loop (CL)
- Builds and maintains a deep therapeutic and customer understanding in T1 and T2 diabetes, insulin pump patients, insulin pump market and other connected care areas; serve as internal strategic champion for target users
- Deliver brand building activities, setting a strong brand foundation for the launch of Closed Loop
- Work with broad cross-functional team and AOR to:
- Build CL Communication Platform including but not limited to the creation of CMEs (core message elements), Brand Story Development. These will need to communicate the benefits of the Lilly CL System but also operate within existing CC System communication and the broader insulin portfolio
- Build HCP Campaign, which will require modified approach to operate with Open Loop and provide common communication platform
- Develop and drive the Core Claims Process
Customer Experience (CX) – CL
- Work with a broad cross-functional team and AOR to:
- Lead the overarching process to identify and prioritize desired CX’s for Closed Loop and ensure consistent Customer experiences across the Connected Care Portfolio
- Work in partnership to develop and run Market Research to identify and crystalize desired CX
- Both Co-ordinate and own the development of specific workstreams to build exceptional Customer Experiences and deliver on the Business Unit prioritized
- Own the communication for overall CX with the cross-functional team
- Take an active role to help coordinate the delivery of the broader Connected Care Global Brand Plan and in particular CL sections including process, content and key outputs
- Understand customer insights and behaviors, drive identification of Moments of Truth (MOTs) and issues/opportunities.
- Understand how HCP, payer and consumer insights fit together.
- Lead development of recommendations for key strategic brand issues/questions
- Partners closely with connected care marketing colleagues (brand development, PRA, global) to ensure appropriate strategic connections across CL brand
Tactic Planning & Development
- Co-ordinate or Prepare, Create, Approve the development of Brand Plan key tactics required for launch at a Global Level for CL
- This includes providing input or driving deliverable/project plans, deliverable creation, ensure appropriate functions have been consulted and that deliverables align with brand strategy, escalating issues where needed
- Partner with LMR and team members to routinely monitor & provide updates on the competitive landscape
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 5 years of industry experience in medical device and/or diabetes
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Associate Brand Manager–Closed Loop Global Marketing in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.