BioMedicines Field Reimbursement Manager
About the Position
As part of the Managed Healthcare Services at Lilly USA, LLC, the Field Reimbursement Specialist (FRS) is a field-based non-promotional role within Lilly Patient Services reporting directly to a US Regional Field Director. Field Reimbursement Specialists are seen as elite members of the field FRS team based on their leadership skills and business impact with peers and customers. FRS’s are subject matter experts in educating and problem solving patient access issues who educate Healthcare Providers offices on understanding Lilly Customer Support Programs (CSP) available for patients. The FRS will work in assigned HCP offices and integrated delivery networks to build and maintain relationships with office support staff. FRS must work seamlessly and in coordination with all Lilly customer support services, specialty pharmacies, and other field teams while supporting patient access. FRS will manage daily activities to support patient access to Lilly products in healthcare provider’s offices including:
- Demonstrate deep knowledge in reimbursement and access across many Customer Support Programs and the subject matter expert in their region of the country.
- Compliant communication with sales representatives, the specialty pharmacy (SP) advisory team, customer support program personnel, and national/regional account managers to escalate and resolve local payer issues
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skilled related to complex patient access challenges across payers and specialty pharmacies
- Peer leadership and mentoring roles
- Able to condense complex issues into simple solutions by working with peers and internal stakeholders to improve the customer experience
- Educate office staff about financial assistance, alternative funding options for the uninsured and underinsured
- Educate providers on prior authorization requirements, coverage status, and payer appeals requirements, processes and timelines
- Knowledge of all phases of specialty pharmacy core services and connectivity to assist with the complexity of patient access
- Review benefits investigation results with office staff upon request once patient authorization has been obtained
- Member of internal advisory teams to provide customer insights that will lead to customer solutions
- Lead live training on customer support programs to providers for the Lilly Bio-Medicines portfolio
- Knowledge of healthcare structures, payment systems, and reimbursement methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum three years of work experience in the following areas:
- Patient Navigation
- Medical billing and coding
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Demonstrated ability to conduct field-based customer support and education related to payer coverage and payment processes
- Experience working with provider offices such as a physician practice, patient assistance programs, or similar pharmaceutical support program preferred
- Understand HIPAA rules and regulations related to patient privacy
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Strong written and verbal communications as well as presentation skills
- Ability to manage expenses within allocated budgets
- Live within or 50 miles from assigned geography
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include BioMedicines Field Reimbursement Manager in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.