Oncology Sales Training Consultant
About the Position
Do you want a career improving lives? Do you have customer-facing experience with Health Care Providers in the Oncology or Pathology capacity? Would you enjoy designing, implementing, and evaluating training curricula as it relates to the technical, product and disease state knowledge? If you have a passion for health care and working with a dynamic group of individuals, this is the role for you!
Lilly’s recent acquisition of LOXO Oncology and the innovative pipeline allows us to expand our sales training capacity with the addition of a Training Consultant. The Oncology Sales Training Consultant role is an amazing opportunity to work on a fast-paced launch team to advance a brand that is on the forefront of scientific innovation, and ultimately to bring hope to patients who are striving for more tomorrows.
In this position, you are responsible for differentiating Lilly’s Oncology field sales team from the completion in our ability to conduct quality customer interactions. You will do this by developing, leading and deploying learning interventions focused on the transfer of medical, clinical and face-to-face influence skills for the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) field team. While not 100% exclusive to one brand, this role will be working with the brand team to execute a successful launch of a new product. You will influence brand teams, sales specialist, district sales managers and training peers. In addition to product training, you will integrate marketplace knowledge, customer insights, reimbursement, compliance, account-based selling skills, and business skills into training initiatives.
- Designing innovative training interventions for sales specialists, district sales managers, and directors of sales in partnership with brand and disease experts
- Employing strong influencing skills personally and incorporating them into the product and disease state learning solutions for learners.
- Building effective partnerships with medical, regulatory and legal personnel to assist in compliance in design and methodology of learning programs.
- Partnering with external partners in the creation and design of workshops and learning interventions while managing the project time-line and budget.
- Facilitating new hire onboarding program (home study and classroom) known as Lilly Sales University (LSU)
- Evaluating, and certifying sales specialist’s skill level and field readiness
- Cooperating with District Sales Management on the competency development of sales talent pre- and post- learning experience for maximum coaching and development impact.
- Continually increasing personal competency of product, marketplace, strategy, and influence expertise
- Identifying and assessing future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Monitoring and evaluating training program’s effectiveness, success and return on investment periodically and report on them.
- Adhering to Lilly’s Customer Information Quality (CIQ) standards via the Field and Faculty Communication Approval Process (FCAP)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of Oncology/Pathology Sales experience and/or Oncology/Pathology Sales Training experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Knowledge in precision medicine and companion diagnostics
- Subject matter expertise in oncology solid tumor and liquid tumor brands.
- Instructional design and performance consulting experience
- Excellent facilitation skills with emphasis on adult learning principles
- Strong learning agility with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks from multiple constituent audiences
- High level of emotional intelligence enabling the ability to adapt and connect to multiple personality and workstyles
- Experience in working with external vendors/partners
- Strong program and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member drawing on strengths of entire team by employing strong influence skills.
- Ability to simplify complex topics into a succinct strategy for long term retention and rapid organizational change.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Oncology Sales Training Consultant in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.