Lead Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
New York, NY
About the Position
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
The Lead Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis will:
- Assist in the delivery of financial analytics and reporting in support of assigned line of business, corporate function, or region
- Perform relatively straightforward analyses to support end to end processes within Finance including the support for the period close, analyses of performance such as forecasted period revenue and expenses against actual results, and metrics and scorecard reporting
- Assist in identifying financial trends
- Compile and update short term and long range forecasts using multiple inputs and assumptions to reflect changes in business strategies and business intelligence in the competitive environment impacting lines of business
- Provide trend analysis on financial data and operating performance
- Interpret and summarizes findings
- Compile financial information and conducts analysis for input into a variety of periodic financial reports
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members as needed (no direct reports)
The Lead Analyst, will primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work. Their work contributes to the achievement of team goals, and modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred; experience in financial planning and analysis preferred
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include BNY Mellon Lead Analyst Financial Planning & Analysis in the subject line.
About BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of December 31, 2018, BNY Mellon had $33.1 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.7 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.