GCB Senior Relationship Manager – Middle Market
Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Troy, MI; Milwaukee, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH
About the Position
Bank of America is seeking Senior Relationship Managers to join our Global Commercial Banking – Middle Market team. The Global Commercial Bank is one of the largest US Commercial Banks serving one out of every four companies in the US. The Middle Market segment of the Commercial Bank is located in ninety cities across the US, serving public and private companies with annual revenues of $50 million to $2 billion.
The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of middle market clients who need financial services and products to meet their needs.
- In addition to being the primary bank advocate and key financial advisor for the client, the RM is accountable for prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships.
- The RM will have the ability to engage in dialogue with CEO and CFO levels regarding the client’s industry and alternative capital structures.
- The RM will then assess the risks and impacts from both the clients and the banks perspective for development and implementation of an overall client strategy.
- The RM is also responsible for leading, directing and coordinating key team members in analysis and execution in the effective delivery of their products and services to clients and prospects.
- The RM must be well versed in all Bank of America products and services for proper identification of cross-selling opportunities.
- Proven track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships.
- Proven sales skills and experience, including planning, execution, and follow up of client meetings.
- Must be able to assess and analyze financial conditions of a middle market client industry trends.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements, especially cash flow statements.
- This roles requires ten to twenty years experience in Commercial Lending.
- Must have a minimum of ten years experience in Commercial Lending or Investment Banking.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully manage an extensive portfolio of clients.
- Proven track record of prospecting new business, enhancing existing relationships, and closing profitable transactions.
- Professional proven sales skills and experience, including planning, execution, and follow up of client meetings.
- Strong corporate finance, capital markets, and accounting acumen.
- Financial modeling experience and the completion of a formal credit training is required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Capable of organizing, facilitating, leading, and negotiating with a team of bank associates to solve client problems.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required: majors in business, finance, or economics preferred; MBA desirable.
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 & 63 (Must obtain SIE, series 7 & 63 license within 180 days of start date)
- Additional desirable qualification: active member/participation in local community organizations and activities
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Bank of America GCB Senior Relationship Manager – Middle Market in the subject line.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.