Legal Entity Controller II
About the Position
Legal Entity Controller with responsibility for controllership/accounting for enterprise-wide employee benefit and incentive program
- Participate in month-end close process related to employee benefit and incentive programs
- Prepare monthly financial analyses and reports for manager review
- Prepare data submissions for regulatory reporting groups
- Preparation of stand-alone external reports for SEC Reporting
- Review general ledger balances, understand trends and challenge any anomalies
- Review monthly reconciliations, work with team to resolve issues
- Coordinate with third party vendors and administrators on key deliverables
- Identify and escalate control issues, errors and efficiency opportunities
- Lead SOX, quarter end and year end deliverables for team
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) (accounting or finance strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, accounting preferred
- Strong financial analytics ability
- Experience with preparation and review of external financial statements / SEC reporting
- Results-driven and able to coordinate multiple deliverables under tight deadlines
- Experienced with eLedger posting and analysis
- Ability to work both independently and as team member
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (e.g. presentation of financial results to managers, etc.)
- Critical problem solving skills
- Strong attention to details
- Control focused, analytical, team oriented
- Experience with stock-based compensation and/or pension accounting
- Self-starter with willingness and ability to perform detailed transaction review
- Experience with financial forecasting and management reporting routines
- Ability to work with global partners
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Bank of America Legal Entity Controller II in the subject line.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.