Senior Financial Analyst – SOX Program Office
About the Position
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in ensuring the Company’s global compliance with the provisions of Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002. The person will be responsible for execution of the SOX work including reviewing/updating process maps and narratives over the significant accounts with focus on the adequacy of the control environment and the appropriateness of the key controls identified.
This position will interact with all levels of management, lead and drive process improvements, and gain exposure to a wide variety of the Company’s businesses as part of an expanding SOX Program Office.
- Provide guidance to process and control owners on the identification, documentation and testing of SOX controls
- Assist in the annual risk assessment, materiality determination, and account/disclosure scoping process
- Work with process owners to ensure timely review and updates to process documentation and controls for new and/or existing processes including successful identification of SOX critical applications, spreadsheets, third parties (SSAE 16)
- Lead business process walkthroughs with auditors and management
- Partner closely with controls / compliance team members within the different business units as well as the external and internal auditors
- Evaluate control deficiencies in accordance with the Company’s framework for Evaluating Control Exceptions and Deficiencies
- Stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, etc.)
- Identify and drive process improvements to the overall SOX program
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic who is able to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting and/or Finance. Graduate degree and CPA designation is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial statement audit (or equivalent) experience with a strong background in internal controls. Big 4 and financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience with SOX compliance and knowledge of legal, regulatory and industry requirements
- Ability to converse with management at all levels regarding internal controls, infrastructure, compliance & risk management, and accounting
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Proficient use of software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio)
- Strong project management, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Process-oriented thinking
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to lead and affect process change and improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of an organization
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Bank of America Sr. Financial Analyst SOX Program Office in the subject line.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.