Supervisor, Post Trade Services
Owings Mills, MD
About the Position
This position provides tactical leadership, staff management and technical expertise to the Post Trade Services Department. The position supervises a team within Post Trade Services which could include portfolio accounting, trade services, proxy services, and/or corporate actions. The Post Trade Services Supervisor recommends solutions and leads various process and systems efforts in support of business plan initiatives. The Supervisor position guides group decision-making and develops team members through feedback, coaching, and performance appraisals.
Projects & Initiatives
- Leads or participates in cross functional and intra-department efforts. Leads or participates in user acceptance testing efforts around new systems, system enhancements, and new instrument types. With guidance from Post Trade Services managers/team, design, implement, and maintain solutions that address business needs and achieve strategic goals.
- Evaluates operational processes and control structures when errors occur to identify potential gaps. Develops recommendations for change where appropriate and leads efforts to implement change.
- Working with managers and senior managers, contributes to the input and execution of strategies underlying change, repositioning, or growth in the business at the group level. Leads initiatives for implementing such strategies.
- Process flow documentation and opportunity identification. With guidance from Post Trade Services managers/team, implement changes via process change or technology adoption. Maintain and improve metrics reporting. Investigate and diagnose root causes of exceptions identified through managers or metrics.
Developing & Supporting Staff
- Manage individual and team performance; provide ongoing feedback and coaching.
Production & People Support
- Train new staff and maintain training manuals and documentation. Backup managers. Provide production support. Serve as a liaison to Global Business Solutions for system trouble shooting and technical assistance. Research and assess impact of system feeds and data errors. Determine appropriate resolutions; facilitate and communicate to affected groups. Provide coaching and feedback to staff as situations require.
- Works closely with the Investment Staff, and as escalation point for broker-dealers and custodians, to ensure well-controlled, seamless end-to-end processes. Provide oversight of Service Provider (BNY Mellon) and monitor Service Level Deliverables.
- Stays abreast of technical requirements related to trade processing. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of market-specific requirements related to trade settlement. Applies own specialized knowledge, training and experience to enhance the performance of the team.
- Identifies monitors and acts upon information about customer requirements and measures how effectively the group is meeting them. Works with the team to identify recurring themes in customer satisfaction issues, and recommends and implements solutions aimed at addressing such issues.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of client requirements with respect to trade communications and trade settlement. Gives appropriate consideration to such requirements in daily management decisions and problem resolution.
- College degree and 1 year of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 3 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 5 years related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment and build strong relationships
- Proactively initiates process improvement opportunities
- Ability to manage day-to-day activities with minimal supervision
- Grasps complexities and perceives relationships among issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree – Business, Accounting, Finance, or technology related field and 5 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of the securities or financial services industry preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory or team leadership experience
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include T. Rowe Supervisor Post Trade Services in the subject line.
About T. Rowe Price
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.