Manager – Finance Business Support
About the Position
Provides technical accounting support to GFC group, guides new standard implementation, reviews 1934 Act
SEC filings, acts as an advocate for BAC with accounting standard setters, works on special accounting projects for BAC Controller. Will also provide complex accounting guidance to CAO, controllers, GFC staff, LOB CFO’s and their staff
- Participates in the implementation of new accounting standards and overall accounting changes
- Acts in an advocacy role on behalf of the bank with accounting standard setters
- Reviews and/or writes sections of the Corporation’s 34 Act SEC filings
- Drafts comment letters to standard setters
- Drafts responses to SEC review comments
- Interacts directly with PwC audit engagement management and staff
- 8 plus years of accounting requirements
- Strong understanding of accounting standards
- Understanding of Bank regulations including SEC requirements
- Prior Big-4 audit experience preferred
- Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to understand and dissect complex transactions
- Strong communication skills including written and oral presentation skills
- Self motivated
- Excellent time management skills
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Bank of America Manager Finance Business Support in the subject line.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.