Marketing Science Director, Performance Verticals
New York, NY; Menlo Park, CA
About the Position
The Facebook platform offers marketers limitless opportunities to reach consumers across the globe. The same properties that make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketing also make the platform an ideal place to conduct Marketing Science work, including measurement and auction consulting. The Vertical Marketing Science Director is charged with managing a team that consults with clients to measure the return of marketing investments, as well as develop next generation measurement systems and marketing best practices. The Director will also inform Facebook marketing science strategy development and go-to market strategy. This strategy will include industry-specific application of tools, resource allocation, development of third party partnerships, case study development, and thought leadership.
This position will work with internal and external stakeholders to advise clients and the industry on measurement and auction strategy and work with them on an ongoing basis to adopt better measurement as a way to improve business performance. To accomplish this, the Director will drive industry adoption of Facebook preferred measurement methods and products and design and execute empirical analysis for individual clients and at the industry-level.
Driving good measurement with clients will require the Director’s team to design tests (using experiments and modeling techniques), meta-analysis, and other research to help clients understand and improve the effectiveness of their advertising across digital platforms and across media. Conclusions from this work will showcase what good measurement is and how a client can act upon it to drive business impact.
In some cases, the existing measurement products and approaches will not be a perfect fit for clients, industry verticals, or countries. In these cases, the Director will focus on customizing existing capabilities or in some cases piloting new, scalable capabilities in partnership with cross-functional groups.
- Develop, mentor, and manage a talented team that owns a set of client and agency relationships across the industry in order to evolve the industry toward better measurement and use of the auction.
- Lead the team in conducting in-depth standard and custom ad effectiveness studies for Facebook advertisers to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media
- Influence industry verticals to measure true business value by building and operationalizing a “learning agenda” that highlights how a client can improve business outcomes by employing better measurement and auction techniques
- Communicate our strategy to clients in individual meetings and at industry events and serve as a point of escalation
- Play a major strategic role in collaborating with Product, R&D, and Partnerships to identify opportunities for new features, products, and partnerships and drive vertical and client engagement around Facebook Inc., cross publisher, and cross media measurement innovation, including product alphas and betas
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners, including the Global Media Solutions team
- 15+ years of experience, including consulting, measurement technology, research or analytics
Experience in a client or customer-facing role persuading clients and driving action based on data
Knowledge of quantitative research methods and considerations
Experience in consumer internet and social media
Experience with performance marketing concepts
Knowledge of advertising and/or measurement methods and technologies
Experience as a manager with track record of building teams and developing talent
- Experience working with analytics, ROI measurement, auction, and statistics as well as a strong client management background with a focus on performance marketing
Advanced degree in statistics, economics, behavioral or social science, or business experience in a media measurement field
Track record of inspiring action based on data-driven insights
Experience managing managers
Experience presenting at industry events
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Facebook Marketing Science Director Performance Verticals in the subject line.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Facebook participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.