Vice President, Product Scaling & Strategy (CIMD)
New York, NY
About the Position
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
The Head of Product Scaling & Strategy will be responsible for shaping the strategy of our cutting edge Consumer Wealth Management (CWM) business, working closely with the head of CWM. This person will be instrumental in developing the overall product roadmap and pricing strategy for the business. The ideal candidate is extremely resourceful with prior experience managing and launching successful products/systems, proven success leading and developing teams and driving decision-making across cross functional groups.
As the Head of Product Scaling & Strategy, you will engage with key stakeholders across the business and drive the agile development process to deliver new features and functionalities, identifying and measuring key metrics to ensure a best in class customers experience across web and mobile properties.
- Develop, maintain and action a comprehensive product strategy/roadmap while working closely with counterparts across the business
- Lead the pricing strategy efforts including: setting prices, deals and discounts etc. associated with customer acquisition
- Engage with key stakeholders across the business and drive the agile development process to deliver results
- Track overall financial planning and operational analytics (i.e., optimizing performance, creating analytics and prioritizing work based on the data)
- Ownership of the management reporting and tracking associated with the business
- Manage a 10-15 person team across multiple locations
- Define feature development, build consensus among stakeholders and partner with engineers and designers to deliver high quality experiences
- Research industry trends and features to develop and pitch recommendations for the product roadmap
- 10+ years of product management and/or management consulting experience in a fast-paced, agile product development environment – prior consulting experience ideal
- Proven success and a deep understanding of the wealth management business or related financial service experience (prior work with subscriptions preferable)
- Ability to build, develop and mentor a team across different locations
- Experience leading cross functional teams and managing/launching successful consumer products
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving ability paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership of and accountability for projects
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal stakeholders
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, consistently adhering to strict deadlines and evolving priorities
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Goldman Sachs VP Product Scaling & Strategy in the subject line.
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.