Architect, Sr Tech Lead
About the Position
The Senior Solution Architecture Tech Lead will architect, engineer, design and implement the appropriate Big Data applications and/or technologies that supports the Big Data Analytics Platform roadmap. S/He will provide big picture thinking, innovation and planning which includes creating technical roadmaps, and giving presentations to senior leaders. This role will collaborate with other technical leads and business partners to strategize. The hired candidate should have strong management skills to effectively manage small/large diverse teams.
- Optimizing performance in database and big data problems
- Communicating effectively with products teams, senior management, and customers
- Developing strategies and solutions of high business value while becoming a trusted partner of business users and executives
- Strategic thinking – can look ahead to long term impacts of decisions
- Strong management skills to be able to lead a large, diverse team
- Working under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, related field or equivalent work experience
- A passion for data, and several years of hands-on experience leading data engineering projects, such as data architecture and data warehouse implementation projects
- Experience managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
Strong technical background/subject matter expertise – experience as technical lead or architect on a Big Data development team
- Have developed systems based on key principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Strong solution delivery experience in Hortonworks or Cloudera Hadoop echo system; Must be very familiar with Hive, Zookeeper, HBASE, Spark, HDFS, Apache Ranger, etc.
- Working experience of building and managing data pipelines on On-Premise and AWS Cloud data platforms using Sqoop, NiFi, Kafka, kinesis, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing multi-terabyte data warehouses in MPP columnar database systems, such as Vertica, Redshift
- Experience working with data streaming technologies (Kinesis, Kafka etc.)
- Expertise with AWS technology stack and deployment (Docker, Jenkins, Lambda, etc.)
- Prior experience in migrating on premise data platforms implementation to a cloud-based implementation
Key to success in this role
- Expertise with Big Data, Columnar and NoSQL database technology
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the team
- Experience managing large and small teams working on multiple workstreams concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and tools in a quick time
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Drive for Execution – Focus on driving solutions that adds value and improves on the status quo
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through your own and team’s actions
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Architect, Sr Tech Lead in the subject line.
About the Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.