Solutions Architect, Senior Technical Lead
About the Position
|The Solution Architecture, Sr. Tech Lead participates in the development of application portfolio roadmap and system architecture. Provides integrated systems architecture and recommends new or different technologies that will not only meet project requirements, but also enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals.
Provides in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies. Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems. Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines. This person will serve as the lead architect for the Underwriting domain.
- Provides in-depth technical consultation to IT executives and senior management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Acts as counselor to business counterparts, customers, and senior business management on requirements pertinent to the technical capability
- Presents and communicates the solution architecture to various stakeholders, both technical and business, and be able to explain how the solution design will meet business needs
- Ensures alignment of solution architecture to business objectives, roadmaps and strategic solutions, as well as to Freddie Mac’s architecture principles and standards
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Lead and mentor the architects with less experience
- Conducts system architecture studies of new and existing IT systems to permit development of integrated systems.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of application system architecture and conducts business information flow studies.
- Creates the architecture document for assigned projects, including architecture patterns, decisions, and rationale for those decisions
- Identifies and compares alternative solutions to determine the optimal solution that will meet business needs.
- Defines future architecture enhancements, i.e. logical evolutions of the system
- Assists in creating and defining application and technical patterns to be used for business events, as necessary
- Evaluates system scalability and recommends improvements
- Works on unusually complicated problems and provides solutions that are highly creative and ingenious.
Provides leadership and guidance in the following:
- Advises external vendors, business owners, and IT groups regarding Freddie Mac architecture guideline
- Drives application architectural decisions for the systems under development
- Leads the applications integration and design discussions among multiple applications groups
- Influences key decisions for the technical and infrastructure architecture.
- Advises the system and infrastructure configuration from application performance, scalability, and capacity perspective.
- Provides guidance to business counterparts, customers, and top management on requirements pertinent to the technical capability
- At least 18 years of experience in Information Technology
- 12 years of hands-on experience in solution, application, or information architecture
- 12 years of hands-on experience in the programming language with two or more of the following J2EE, .NET C++/VB, various scripts Perl/Python/Jython/csh
- Hands-on experience with some of the following technologies including Cloud Technology, Web Service API, Integration/EAI technologies like Informatica, ESB, .NET and related technologies like XML, Database technologies like Oracle, MySQL, JDBC, SQL, stored procedures
- Strong service-oriented architecture (SOA) and Event Driven Architecture(EDA) background
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
- Ability to lead/influence issue resolution across various groups in the organization
- Ability to convert business requirements into logical solution designs
- Experience in web-based systems architecture, service-oriented architecture, enterprise application architecture
- Experience with enterprise integration and modeling tools.
- Knowledge of common data architecture frameworks, principles and standards
- Knowledge of enterprise data models, information classification, meta-models, taxonomies and ontologies
- Broad technology experience and knowledge across multiple disciplines such as application middleware server, database servers, infrastructure platform, security products, ETL products, rule engines, and BI tools.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Solutions Architect, Senior Technical Lead in the subject line.
About the Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.