Financial Planning & Analytics Director
About the Position
The Finance Division is seeking an Financial Planning & Analytics Director responsible for managing the company’s financial planning and analytics processes. The Director will partner with the company leadership and finance teams across all lines of businesses and enterprise divisions including Legal, HR, Risk etc. to support strategic planning and drive financial forecasting, reporting & analysis on a consolidated basis across Freddie Mac. Serve as critical partner to the leadership team in the development of a robust planning process, approach, implementing appropriate review processes, planning cycles and maintain/support financial forecasting tools and infrastructure for all lines of business.
- Lead corporate Financial Planning process, procedures, controls and infrastructure
- Develop and own corporate financial planning and analysis process and timelines that will be followed by all the lines of businesses
- Build / Consolidate financial forecasts, reporting and analysis across the company for Annual business plans, stress testing (e.g. DFAST), Multi-Year Strategic Plans (e.g. Mid-Year Strategy), quarterly and ad-hoc updates
- Coordinate between divisions to drive streamlined and consistent processes, assumptions and reporting
- Support process to enable segment reporting including inter-segment adjustments, funds transfer pricing etc.
- Business owner of the financial forecasting and planning tools like Hyperion Essbase, Bancware etc.
- Work with VP/CFO/Business Organizations to provide Financial reporting and insights to corporate C Suite, Board and Regulators
- Timely and accurate standard reporting of financial forecasts and analytics
- Provide insights around variance drivers between plan and actuals to suggest business actions where appropriate
- Prepare presentations for the Board and Regulators
- Collaborate with the business teams and executives on a frequent basis with strong emphasis on customer service
- Support long term systems strategy for forecasting and reporting infrastructure including dashboarding tools.
- Address Audit and Regulatory feedback by enhancing, simplifying and streamlining processes and infrastructure
- Liaise with Finance, Business and Risk teams to develop advanced stress testing, scenario analytics, competitive analytics etc. to inform business decisioning, risk appetite, risk management etc.
- Direct a team of finance professionals by training, developing, coaching and mentoring them
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience and 5+ years of management experience
- College Degree or equivalent experience, BS in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of financial processes, methodologies, procedures and analytical/dashboarding tools
- Strong organizational and planning abilities
- Strong executive presence
- Demonstrated ability to produce results and lead team in a challenging environment
- Ability to drive resolution of complex problems under tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Key to success in this role
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Strong consultation and communication skill
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends
- Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy and/or goals
- Strong Microsoft Office, Hyperion suite skills
- CPA, CFA, MBA or advanced studies / degree
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Freddie Mac Financial Planning & Analytics Director in the subject line.
About the Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.