Public Relations Director
About the Position
Are you passionate about economic data and research? Have you managed transformation campaigns for large corporations in the past? Are you an energetic self-starter? If so, we are your next destination employer! Apply to join Freddie Mac’s Public Relations team as a Director leading its economic research and transformation public relations efforts.
Your work falls into two primary categories:
- Lead all communications for the Chief Economist and the Economic & Housing Research (E&HR) group.
- Serve as the public relations lead for the corporate Chief Economist and the E&HR Group. Creating an annual E&HR communications strategy to help define platforms for research topics.
- Leading media relations activity for Freddie Mac on topics primarily focusing on Freddie Mac’s economic research, macroeconomics, the housing and mortgage markets, and other initiatives.
- Acting as a liaison between E&HR and other departments at Freddie Mac to coordinate and cross-leverage content.
- Editing and creating monthly economic forecasts, industry insights, press releases, talking points
- Developing social media strategies that support our corporate transformation as well as the regular release of E&HR research materials and being an active, daily voice across social media channels.
- Work directly with the head of Public Relations to support all efforts to communicate the success of our corporate transformation to external audiences.
- Serving as a public relations liaison for the broader corporate public relations effort to communicate our corporate transformation, and creating an annual communications strategy to help promote corporate initiatives. Leading media relations activity for Freddie Mac on topics primarily focusing on Freddie Mac’s transformation and Freddie Mac specific initiatives.
- Develop and produce public relations programs, draft press releases and other content, lead media relations, develop social media campaigns, and provide communications counsel to executives and other personnel.
- Handling fast-moving, technical, confidential and sensitive information when conducting on-record-interviews with reporters.
- Maintaining and building reporter relationships.
- Provide backup public relations support to the company’s primary lines of business and work on corporate issues, which would include responding to media inquiries and writing press releases, blog posts, Op-Eds or talking points.
- 12+ years of related experience
- College degree in a communications discipline or relevant field
- Experience in media relations and providing communications counsel
- Strong ability to write content for a variety of channels – media, web and social (applicant will be asked to submit writing samples and take a writing test)
- Experience developing and executing social media campaigns
- Impeccable oral and written communications skills
- Ability to translate complex information into clear communications that can be understood by a wide range of audiences.
- Understanding of communications best practices and ability to apply them
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Key to success in this role
- Public Relations/Media/Marketing agency experience
- Strong understanding of economic and housing data
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Strong personal initiative, creative thinking, presentation, and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Housing Industry experience a plus
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy and/or goals
- Advanced degree
Financial services experience
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Freddie Mac Public Relations Director in the subject line.
About the Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.