Multifamily Production Director – Targeted Affordable Housing
About the Position
The Targeted Affordable Housing (TAH) Production Director will be a key member of the TAH management team, and report directly to the TAH Senior Director for Targeted Affordable Production. The position has broad responsibilities for managing relationships and execution, and will supervise several team members, including Relationship Managers, Associates and Analysts. In addition to overseeing the management of several key TAH Seller/Servicers, this leader will, also, be charged with advancing the team’s execution and
improving processes to create greater efficiencies for the entire TAH Production team.
- Oversee the management of day to day customer relationships with their team members, who are, themselves, responsible for origination and structuring of long-term debt for multifamily affordable housing
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, delegating assignments to the team
- Make regular marketing calls and attend industry events
- Work cooperatively with TAH Underwriting to ensure smooth and seamless execution for the team’s transactions, staying involved as necessary from quote through closing
- Be involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires in depth knowledge of the department’s objectives
- Regularly interact with senior management and executives on matters concerning the department, the division and our customers
- As a leader in the department, the Director is expected to have excellent communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to change thinking or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damage to relationships.
- Hire, train and motivate their team of Relationship Managers, Associates and Analysts
- Mentor their team in skills of relationship management and superior execution
- Be responsible for their team’s goals and objectives, including dollar volume, profitability and housing goals
- Responsible for producing accurate management reporting and supervising the team members compiling the data and doing the analytical work
- The successful candidate typically has 12+ years of related experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- In depth knowledge of the Multifamily Housing industry is a must
- Experience in the Affordable Housing industry and with Freddie Mac’s Targeted Affordable Housing products is highly preferred
- Desire to be a people manager and willingness to train more junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Key to success in this role
- Deep technical expertise in multifamily finance, particularly loan structuring and origination
- Ability to lead through change effectively
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and breakdown silos
- Ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with senior leaders internally and externally
- Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
- Ability to establish and management complex workplans to achieve long-term business results
- Ability to communicate effectively in a wide variety of audiences and forums
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Freddie Mac Multifamily Production Director Targeted Affordable Housing in the subject line.
About the Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.