Senior Director, Multifamily Strategic Transformation – Digital Capability Execution
About the Position
The Senior Director of Strategic Transformation – Digital Capability Execution will analyze corporate organization, processes, and control structures in order to identify opportunities for simplification, eliminate duplication of efforts, and assess appropriate balance of risk and control. S/he will apply knowledge of many disciplines including: business process analysis, performance benchmarking, change management, design thinking and customer experience. This person will establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to subordinate managers; Develop, modify and execute company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect; Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives; Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results; and Regularly interact with senior management and executives on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to relationship. Must demonstrate leadership and charisma that excites the organization to drive change forward. Demonstrated experience in leading large-scale digital transformation efforts with an Agile methodology required.
The Senior Director of Strategic Transformation – Digital Capability Execution will be a key leader and driver of the Multifamily digital transformation to modernize our capabilities through iterative and rapid solution delivery using Agile principles and concepts and provide an improved customer experience. This program will span all departments within the division and will extend our market leadership through improved customer experience, strategic change, innovation, analytics and technology driven solutions. This position will coordinate and embed the digital transformation efforts with the long term strategies of each line of business; Lead digital transformation workstreams with Senior Management and stakeholders to create a culture of change in the department; Manage and influence efforts to establish the overall mission, values and culture change across the division; Manage risk and controls; Execute responsibility for on-time, on-budget delivery of services to scope, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Establish collaborative partnership with key stakeholders to ensure leadership buy-in across both the Multifamily business and Information Technology
- Drive adoption and transformation success through business process and organizational road mapping and structuring
- Provide resources to agile teams to identify and execute best practices to increase delivery, transparency and quality
- Manage and orchestrate multiple agile teams executing in parallel
- Management of multiyear MF Digital Transformation Implementation Roadmap, including identifying and addressing and all interdependencies and constraints
- Coordination with the enterprise transformation office responsible for the corporate rollout of agile methodology, automated testing and devOps.
- Prepare and deliver effective communications both verbally and orally regarding progress and status for both internal and client teams.
- Perform hands-on project work, including analysis, design and change management, as needed by the transformation
- Minimum 12 years of Application Development and management experience including experience with large complex technology transformation projects
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact effectively with all levels
- Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment, and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Excellent proven planning and dealing with ambiguity skills
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks, changing priorities and circumstances
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; graduate degree preferred
Key to success in this role
- Versatile leader with ability to influence and drive change across organizational boundaries
- Strategic agility – forward thinker with ability to adjust and adapt to new, innovative ideas
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Drive for Execution
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Freddie Mac Senior Director Multifamily Strategic Transformation in the subject line.
About the Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.