Board Liaison Director
About the Position
This position serves as point person for management’s reporting to the Board. The incumbent will draft documents, including Board meeting minutes and resolutions, meeting agendas and securities disclosures for attorney review, and be responsible for all aspects of the board reporting portal (BoardVantage). This position also manages the logistical and administrative aspects of meetings for members of the Board of Directors (Board), and manages the incumbent in the Board Coordinator, Sr. position.
- Working with business areas to help them timely provide accurate and informative Board and Committee meeting materials
- Managing the logistical and administrative aspects of Board meetings, including planners, follow-up lists and agendas
- Synthesizing information received from management and Board members and identifying need for follow-up such as meetings, calls, etc.
- Reviewing business presentations and reports, providing feedback and knowing when and how to escalate issues
- Researching current and emerging best practices in corporate governance and making recommendations
- Managing the BoardVantage relationship and Freddie Mac’s use of the portal, including resolving technical issues and negotiating contract terms with vendor, and providing internal support to individuals using the system
- Drafting documents, including Board meeting minutes and certain securities disclosures, for attorney review
- Responding to requests for corporate governance documents from internal auditors and external regulators
- Tracking policy compliance and managing the policy update process as needed
- Coordinating the board member independence, related party transactions and self-assessment processes
- Working with external auditors on various matters (including annual engagement letter), coordinating updates to the management representation letter, and overseeing the senior management attestation process and drafting related documents for attorney review
- Maintaining board reporting intranet webpage, SharePoint site and externally facing governance webpage
- Compiling Section 16 filings for attorney review
- Coordinating special projects of the Board, including but not limited to, planning for Board recruiting
- Bachelor Degree required, as well as 10 years of experience as a paralegal or analyst (or similar position) including substantial experience working with the corporate board of a public company and with BoardVantage or similar portal.
- Familiarity with federal securities disclosure rules and NYSE listing requirements, as well as Virginia and Delaware corporate law.
Key to success in this role
- Ability to work with senior management, to thrive in an uncertain and changing environment, to tackle novel issues, work independently while also as part of a team, and to handle highly confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with impeccable attention to detail.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
- Drive for Execution
- Experience working in financial services industry or for a government sponsored enterprise preferred
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Freddie Mac Board Liaison Director in the subject line.
About the Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.