SF Property Valuation, Sr. Director
About the Position
Are you someone who has experience in appraisal, automated valuations and collateral risk management? Do you want to make a positive impact and help re-imagine the mortgage experience? Do you have a strong knowledge of loan origination and servicing processes? Do you have the ability to engage and collaborate with stakeholders to drive execution and progress? If you know what it takes to successfully lead a team, we are your next destination employer! Apply to join Freddie Mac’s Single Family division as our Sr. Director of Valuations. The Sr. Director of Valuations role is based in McLean, VA, and will manage a team within Freddie Mac’s Single Family Risk Division. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Collateral.
Your work falls into three primary categories:
- Partner with stakeholders to define valuation strategies that support Single Family goals and objectives.
- Champion the development of innovative tools to simplify the loan manufacturing process while managing risk within the firm’s risk appetite.
- Identify opportunities to leverage new tools or enhance existing tools that bring greater transparency to lenders and Freddie Mac on collateral risks embedded in new originations.
- Ensure appropriate resources in place accountable for defining, prioritizing and executing against applicable deliverables.
- Responsible for staffing and implementation of appropriate monitoring processes and metrics to ensure valuation tools perform as intended, as well as definition and execution of appraiser quality monitoring framework
- Demonstrate commitment to customer excellence. Partner with teams across Freddie Mac to ensure customer experience is considered as part of ideation, solution design, testing and on-going execution.
- Provide leadership and support for innovation team responsible for defining end to end valuation solutions and managing processes to test solutions with clients.
- Provide expertise in advising and interacting with clients to address market needs within firm’s risk appetite.
- Regularly interact with management within Freddie Mac, with Freddie Mac’s seller/servicers, and with FHFA on the effectiveness of SF collateral risk policies and performance.
- Continuously monitor market trends and economic environment and its impact on firm’s policies, performance, and tools.
- Collaborate with Collateral Policy to ensure risk is appropriately identified and mitigated through tools and policy.
- Ensure effective recruitment, development, performance, and retention of team.
- 12-15 years experience in financial services with specific experience in valuations and collateral risk management; Minimum of 4+ years leadership/management experience
- S/he will have an extensive knowledge of collateral risk management policies, property eligibility and underwriting guidelines, property valuation methods and techniques, and the mortgage loan origination industry
- State Certified Residential Appraiser experience in the valuation of one to four unit residential properties preferred
- The highest level of professionalism, self-motivation, adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment
- Experience with or working knowledge of automated valuation models or statistical analysis/modeling preferred.Keys to success in this role
- Proven abilities to analyze risk using quantitative and qualitative information;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to develop goal oriented plan and execute.
- Effective leadership and management skills.
- Proactive, well organized and results-oriented, with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously, within a time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A leader who embraces innovation and questions the status quo.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy and/or goals
- Seek & Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
- Customer Focus – Seek and use data and feedback to enhance customer outcomes
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include SF Property Valuation, Sr. Director in the subject line.
About Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.