Senior Technical Solutions Lead
About the Position
Freddie Mac’s Single-Family Division is currently seeking a Senior Technical Solutions Lead to implement tools and methods of risk evaluation and monitoring as a member of the Credit Analytics and Reporting team. The Senior Technical Solutions Lead will develop, architect, engineer, design and implement the appropriate Big Data applications and/or technologies that supports the Credit Risk and Analytics Big Data Analytics and Cloud Platform roadmap.
S/He will provide big picture thinking, innovation and planning which includes developing solutions, creating technical roadmaps, and giving presentations to senior leaders. This role will collaborate with other technical leads and business partners to strategize. In this brand-new role, you will also partner with Information Technology teams to ensure that our strategy aligns with the Freddie Mac vision, strategy and brand. Please note this is an individual contributor role.
Strategies and Solutions
- Able to Create roadmap and prototype design solutions for systems, educate others on design of solution and standards, review code and provide constructive feedback on improvement, research and recommend changes in software development standards and processes.
- Make suggestions and recommend about Big Data platform, Cloud and technology adoption, including database servers, application servers, libraries, and frameworks.
- Collaborate on projects with architecture, strategy and Information security teams to on-board Big Data platform (application patterns).
- Business Communication – engage with internal teams, project teams and business areas to discuss issues and document or explain technical solutions in a simplified meaningful way.
- Collaborate on projects with architecture, strategy and Information security teams to on–board Cloud platform (Cloud patterns).
Support of Design and Builds
- Participate in design reviews of architecture patterns for service/application deployment in cloud(AWS).
- Collaborate with platform pillar (Cloud, Big Data, Database, middleware etc.) leads to build-out the components for Big Data and Cloud Platform.
- Mentor junior members in the development team and operations teams
- Help coordinate project deployments with other engineers and make schedule recommendations.
- Typically, 10+ years of Applications solution architecture development experience with 3+ years of Cloud (AWS, Azure and Google) and Big Data tools and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, related field or equivalent work experience
- A passion for data, and several years of hands-on experience leading data engineering projects, such as data architecture and data warehouse implementation projects.
- Experience in building solutions on large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Strong technical background/subject matter expertise – experience as technical lead or architect on a Big Data development team.
- Have developed systems based on key principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Strong solution delivery experience in Hortonworks Hadoop echo system; Must be very familiar with Hive, Zookeeper, HBASE, Spark, HDFS, Apache Ranger etc.
- Working experience of building and managing data pipelines on On-Premise and AWS Cloud data platforms using Sqoop, NiFi, Kafka, kinesis etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing multi-terabyte data warehouses in MPP columnar database systems, such as Vertica and Redshift.
- Experience working with data streaming technologies (Kinesis, Kafka etc.)
- Expertise with AWS technology stack and deployment (Docker, Jenkins, Lambda, etc.)
- Prior experience in migrating on-premise data platforms implementation to a cloud-based implementation
Key to success in this role:
- A sense of humor
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the team
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and tools in a quick time
- Ability to work across silos
- Comfortable in the space between no longer and not yet
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and topics
Top 4 Personal Competencies to possess:
- Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers (clients) to learn and deliver on their needs
- Drive for Execution- Focus on results rather than the appearance of results (i.e., be good, not just look good); be an impact junkie
- Partnership- Build trust and strong partnerships through your own and team’s actions
- Growth and Development- Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Senior Technical Solutions Lead in the subject line.
About Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.