New York, New York
About the Position
Our Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) division serves mid- to large-sized companies, corporations and institutions. It comprises Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking, Global Corporate & Investment Banking and Global Markets. Aligned with these client-facing groups are Global Capital Markets, Global Research, Global Transaction Services and Wholesale Credit. Whether expanding a local business in the US, raising capital in Singapore or hedging currencies in Frankfurt, Bank of America Merrill Lynch understands the challenges our clients face in the US and around the world. We use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury, as well as liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
The GBAM Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Executive will partner with the head of GBAM, GBAM leadership team, GBAM HR executive and team, GBAM Talent Acquisition, GBAM Employee Relations and other key stakeholders to drive the GBAM D&I strategy and key representation and inclusion outcomes. The role requires a strong, decisive, results oriented leader who can coach and mentor business clients, provide effective solutions to business, drive diversity and inclusion outcomes, contribute to strategy and make valued suggestions for the accomplishment of business goals. The role will dual report to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer for Bank of America and the Global Head of Human Resources for GBAM.
- Develop and implement diversity and inclusion strategy, initiatives and programs in partnership with HR and the business that proactively manage employment and reputational risks.
- Consult with and influence senior management and key partners; manage across multiple stakeholders to take action on complex topics.
- Make decisions that have significant impact to diversity and inclusion for the business.
- Drive talent strategy and tactics, including “Get to know your diverse talent” leader conversations, monthly routines with GBAM leadership team and diverse top talent, etc.
- Determine engagement strategy to build awareness of GBAM diversity and inclusion efforts, including Courageous Conversations, manager training, etc.
- Be active participant on the LOB Diversity and Inclusion Councils and provide support to GBAM LOB GDIC members.
- Represent the bank externally and develop key D&I relationships.
- Align D&I solutions with key human resources initiatives, including the best ways to hire, develop, promote and retain diverse talent.
- Consult with the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and the Global D&I Organization on best practices and key tactics necessary to drive progress within the business.
- Engage with HR leaders and the business to drive targeted D&I solutions and outcomes within GBAM.
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
- 5-10+ years of HR Generalist and broad experience across all areas of HR
- MUST have experience and strong record of success supporting diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs
- Strong organizational design/effectiveness background to lead transformational change for the business
- Proven track record of advancement, leadership and business success, with experience leading the design and implementation of human resources programs and practices that support business objectives
- Able to partner successfully with business leadership to influence decisions. Able to quickly develop a point of view that is fact and experience based and is comfortable engaging peers and superiors alike in structured, fact-based discussions and problem solving
- Business-driven individual with strong financial acumen
- Proven client engagement skills; an individual who can inspire a strong sense of camaraderie, accountability and motivate continuous improvements to performance
- Strong conceptual and process thinking abilities. Able to understand complex relationships, inter dependencies and their impact on customers and associates. Able to quickly turn concepts into actions
- Able to lead projects, setting goals and objectives for cross-functional team and driving integration among multiple partners and functions
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity; solid team player
- Able to achieve results quickly in a fast-paced organization; thrives in a high intensity environment with multiple and competing priorities
- Professional demeanor; outstanding communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and values congruent with those of the organization
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Current or prior experience supporting GBAM or a front office revenue generating business
- Strong Microsoft Office skills/written presentation skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills; able to command a room
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org, and include D&I Executive in the subject line.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.