Vice President of Equity Solutions Group
New York, NY
About the Position
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
The Equity Solutions Group (“ESG”) within Private Wealth Management (“PWM”) is responsible for equity-related offerings for PWM clients. ESG covers a wide scope, including discretionary solutions, brokerage ideas, and tactical strategies. ESG provides clients with thematic equity investment opportunities, single stock risk management expertise, a variety of implementation expertise across listed, securitized and over the counter derivatives, and unique discretionary strategy investment opportunities. ESG is currently seeking a vice president to work as a client-focused member of the marketing team. The candidate will also be involved in cross-divisional, cross-regional collaboration, internal marketing of strategies/ideas, and numerous client-facing roles across the spectrum of ESG capabilities.
The Equity Solutions Group partners with clients to identify investment objectives and implement differentiated equity strategies in order to tailor portfolios to meet both strategic and tactical goals, while maintaining a key risk management focus. The team covers a comprehensive array of platforms and focuses on customized solutions for our clients. In terms of discretionary platforms, the team specializes on 2 key platforms – an option writing strategy, GOAS (Goldman Option Advisory Service) as well as a structured index investment platform, Beta+. ESG also creates customized equity solutions to meet clients’ risk/return goals and investment objectives.
- Managing both internal and external relationships with private wealth advisors, clients, cross-divisional partners, global counterparts
- Communicating and collaborating effectively with multiple stakeholders in order to achieve client objectives
- Generating, marketing and implementing innovative thematic equity ideas and strategies
- Working seamlessly to provide effective client coverage across all PWM clients in a scalable fashion
- Creating marketing materials of equity thematic ideas and strategies for external distribution
- Actively communicating updates of ongoing ESG strategies/recommendations with sales teams and clients
- Tracking statistics both historically and for future pipeline opportunities
- Monitoring risks and producing revenue analytics regularly for management
- Working on special projects streamline processes and improve technological infrastructure
- 8-10+ years of capital markets experience; equity derivatives background preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Independent thinker who is logical and analytical
- Strong written and presentation skills
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Vice President of Equity Solutions Group in the subject line.
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.