Vice President of Portfolio and Customer Analytics – Marcus by Goldman Sachs
New York, NY
About the Position
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
In this role you’ll apply your strong analytical background and leadership skills to build a high performing customer and business insights discipline for our new high growth Credit Card product platform. You and your team will uncover and share insights on marketing, product usage and business results. You’ll identify and measure key metrics and you will create dashboards and ad-hoc reports to share with cross-functional teams.
You will engage with and influence executive stakeholders across business, product, credit, fraud and servicing teams to uncover issues and opportunities in the business. You’ll train and mentor junior team members and colleagues on data and analytics best practices. And you’ll help drive and track the insights into tangible outcomes, which may include product, policy or process changes.
- Quickly become an expert in our business, product and data structure
- Own and prioritize reporting/analytics backlog— making informed tradeoffs between urgent and important projects
- Pursue, discover and highlight insights and potential areas of improvement for the business
- Share and present findings, then help influence others to turn insights into actions
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders (e.g. Product, Credit, Fraud, Servicing and Data Engineering) to define and prioritize key analyses for ongoing management of our business
- 4-10 years of professional experience, with a high degree of personal accountability for results
- Demonstrated analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to share complex insights succinctly
- Experience with key product and business concepts of consumer financial products, ideally credit cards.
- Comfort presenting findings in meetings with peers and sr business leaders
- Organization and project management skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Languages: SQL – required; Python/Pyspark – preferred
- BI and Analytics Tools: Tableau, Snowflake, Databricks, Splunk, Alation or other visualization tools (experience with any/all preferred)
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Vice President of Portfolio and Customer Analytics – Marcus by Goldman Sachs in the subject line.
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.