Consultant – Advanced Analytics
About the Position
Our Advanced Analytics and Data Sciences organization is growing to support the entire Lilly enterprise, from Discovery to Development to Manufacturing and Commercialization of our medicines. To solve the complex problems of a global business and the ever-evolving data and analytics landscape, the organization generally requires advanced degrees in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research and computer science. We are playing a leading role in transforming the way the company discovers and develops new treatments, identifies personalized treatment regimens, drives efficiency in our operations and optimizes our commercialization of new products. We are doing this with an emphasis in the areas of machine learning and artificial intelligence, natural language processing and other approaches to unstructured data, advanced mathematical and predictive modeling, visual analytics and more. Whether you are intrigued by the research and development of new medicines or optimizing our commercialization/business, or driving efficiency into our operations, we have a position for you. You will be encouraged to identify important business problems and to further your own research interests in these areas including presentations and publications at professional meetings. Come join us on our amazing journey to make life better!
- Align with business leaders (e.g. Commercial, Finance) on priorities and issues resolutions
- Engage key business partners to design analytics projects that deliver measureable value to the company, then successfully lead the implementation of the projects drawing on the advanced analytics team members and resources
- Develop deep understanding of brand strategies and business needs, and serve as a trusted partner with key business leaders
- Assess demand for resources, prioritize work, and help resolve issues related to scope of work
- Coordinate resource allocation and tracking for internal and outsourced projects
- Communicate and resolve issues related to analytics work with appropriate level of business team personnel
- Document contributions and value for the analytical work being done
- Participate in strategy development and future state visioning
- Manage analytics/data vendor relationships and deliverables
- Be fully engaged with business teams, bringing an objective voice to the table, and facilitating decisions grounded in data
- Collaborate with data and analytics team members to review, provide recommendations for alternate and complementary problem-solving approaches to generate better quality solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, Engineering, Operations Research, or closely related field and 8+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry or an MBA and 5+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry
- 2+ years of commercial analytics experience in a pharmaceutical or Healthcare company or in a consulting company in the pharmaceutical industry
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- MS in a quantitative field a plus
- Prefer 5+ years of healthcare analytics consulting experience
- Deep and broad knowledge of computational methods, statistical modeling and data mining methods and tools
- Knowledge and experience in programming languages (R, SAS, SQL, etc.)
- Interpersonal communication skills for effective customer consultation
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
- Bring Analytics to life by giving it zeal and making it applicable to our business.
- Know, learn, and keep up-to-date on the computational, statistical, and scientific advances to maximize your impact.
- Bring an insatiable desire to learn, to innovate, and to challenge yourself for the benefit of patients.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Consultant – Advanced Analytics in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.